Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the lamest reason you have ever been pulled over for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 of the rear license plate lights was out...the other one was working

Comment

I got pulled over by a Tx Ranger, with his wife and son in the truck, for “dancing & singing” on the highway. He had been following us for miles and said it was reckless driving.

Comment

Only 1 of 2 license plate light working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Once got pulled over for honking. It was on a narrow rural road with a Y/triangle type intersection where 1 direction has a stop and another has a yield less than a mile from the house. There was a bicycle ride going on and a sheriff had everyone stopped except the bike riders so they could bypass the stop sign. I was about 4th vehicle in line and a few more behind me. After he let the 100th or so bike rider thru I started honking to remind him to give the same amount of go time to everyone. As soon as he stopped the bikes again he left his post (real safe for the bike ride), sprinted to his car and pulled up behind me at the yield sign (as I was yielding to more bikes approaching the stop sign) and then ran up to my window to let me have it for honking. I asked if it would be better to pull of the road out of the way since there was room for our vehicles in the "triangle" and he refused. I guess he was hell bent on screwing up traffic that day. He was even blocking the oncoming lane to where oncoming traffic had to drive in the ditch to pass while he tried to lecture me about honking. We "discussed" the merits of a bike ride on a road like that and I let him know why I was honking and what I thought about the obstruction to traffic. I wasn't rude or disrespectful, just stated my position/opinion. I think I got a warning for honking but I'm not sure. I know I didn't get a ticket. It is still amusing to me that I got "pulled over" for honking while in a stop condition out in the country less than a mile from my house.
          Last edited by cehorn; 04-12-2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

can't say i ever got pulled over for a lame reason... mostly because i spent 30 years in the car with the lights on it,,,, i would have been embarrassed as an leo to have considered some of those stops......

but there is a flip side to some of those lame stops,,,, pulled a truck over with 4 in the front seat,,, so someone was most certainly not wearing a seat belt,,, but i really did not like the way the passenger looked at me. The end result, 1 runaway, 1 stolen 1911 , 31 burglaries solved most of that property recovered 4 in jail.... not bad for a seat belt stop

another one comes to mind,,, i was running radar on mlk in beaumont, had a car doing 3 over (i was bored) he let off the gas coming down the underpass when he saw me,,,, with the glass packs popping i had a defective exhaust and 3 mph over limit,,, got him stopped ... end result 1 runaway and the driver was wanted on 2 murder charges .....

sometimes feathered legged stops really pay off with "real police work, and catching real criminals"

but it still stinks to be on the end of a "weak" stop

Comment

Oh I forgot - got pulled over between Sealy and Eagle Lake by a trooper that didn’t know the speed limit. When I asked him wasn’t the speed limit 75, he said not in this county, maybe in the next county over (figured he’d know being that I assume this 20 mile stretch of nothing road is all his jurisdiction and goes through both counties). Turns out it was also 75 in “this county”. I didn’t much care, and am always polite, but he acted like I was the dumbarse (not saying I’m not ).

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                Sometimes we just have to donate the 15 minute contact that some people call hassle to allow our officers to do their jobs. With so much case law in favor of the criminals officers use small infractions to catch bigger violators. The man hauling meth to our neighbor kids and the felons on the run aren't cruising 100mph acting fools most of the time. So when I get stopped I am polite and thank our officers for doing their best to make our country safer. Most of the time (not all) the petty traffic stop is not even about us or our violation it's about turning over rocks to help protect us. I'm bias for being Police Officer for 15 years however.

I know this is true. Doesn't change the fact that it is frustrating and time consuming though.
                I will say that when I've gotten a ticket I earned it. Even if it's 48 in a 45 it's still not 45.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I got pulled over for failing to signal 100 ft before entering a turning lane. I entered the lane & then turned on my signal. Cop was cool about it & just said most people didn’t know that requirement. Just got a warning.

Comment

Parker county drug task force pulled me over when the wife and I were on our way to Chama for an elk hunt for our honeymoon! Had no idea why he pulled me over, when I asked he said my license plate looked homemade! We took pops ride cause he had a camper shell to hold everything for the trip and he had USAF retired tags. Once he figured out we weren't hauling drugs we talked about hunting and went on our way.

Comment

For no seatbelt while driving in a PARKING LOT.
                      It was a state university parking lot so I was told it was state property and I must wear seatbelt. Was issued a ticket

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                        Sometimes we just have to donate the 15 minute contact that some people call hassle to allow our officers to do their jobs. With so much case law in favor of the criminals officers use small infractions to catch bigger violators. The man hauling meth to our neighbor kids and the felons on the run aren't cruising 100mph acting fools most of the time. So when I get stopped I am polite and thank our officers for doing their best to make our country safer. Most of the time (not all) the petty traffic stop is not even about us or our violation it's about turning over rocks to help protect us. I'm bias for being Police Officer for 15 years however.

most would be shocked at what lame and petty traffic stops produced in drugs/money on a daily basis. fail to signal lane change and following too close are both very common violations, especially on the highway, by both soccer moms and joe blow with 100lbs of weed in the trunk.

Comment

HAVING tail lights

About 3am (nothing good usually happens at that time)

Said: “you have a tail light out “

I looked in mirrors and said “nope”

I was asked to get out, did a field sobriety test ( hadn’t drank a drop)

And was told: “I’m going to just write a warning “..... to which I replied, “ write me 10-12 of em.

Comment

I got pulled over at 12:30 AM by campus police for driving through a water puddle. He told me he was worried about me splashing pedestrians. [emoji849]

Comment

Dirty Plate

Comment

After reading all this Im going to check my license plate light(s). I didnt even know there were 2 back there.

Comment

Working...
                                X