Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
    Putting me on the spot.

Honestly, if you forced to say, yes the ZroDelta DLOC is my favorite just because of the design and quality. Do I think they actually perform better than, say the Pulsar QD mount? No I really don't think so and the Pulsar mount is 40% of the cost. I think they both get the job done just fine. It's definitely nothing I'd put any real concern into. But given both of them, I'd chose the DLOC just because of the look and feel.

Just a warning to anyone with a DLOC, you need to be darn sure when you put it on your rail that you use your fingers and tighten down the thumbscrew before you shoot. If you clamp it on and forget, you won't even notice that it's not tightened down. Don't ask how I know what will happen if you shoot it without it tightened down.

I think for the $99 price tag the Pulsar QD mount with the locking QD lever is the best deal out there for aftermarket mounts.
    Jason

As always, thanks for the great honest write up

TD

Comment

Just started reading this thread and have no clue about cost on NV scopes. Is it possible to get one for under $1000? Really looking for a buddy, he bought one from Academy for around $500, but took it back cause it didn’t work like the videos said it would.
      Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
        Just started reading this thread and have no clue about cost on NV scopes. Is it possible to get one for under $1000? Really looking for a buddy, he bought one from Academy for around $500, but took it back cause it didn’t work like the videos said it would.
        Thanks,

There are but honestly for another $800 he could get the Core RXQ30 and have an awesome thermal scope. I’ve had numerous people tell me I’m crazy for spending the coin on my scope but in the same breath ask when I’m going hunting again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
          There are but honestly for another $800 he could get the Core RXQ30 and have an awesome thermal scope. I’ve had numerous people tell me I’m crazy for spending the coin on my scope but in the same breath ask when I’m going hunting again.

Well said about both items in your post. Just yesterday my buddy was giving me a hard time about my NV stuff and I promptly asked him how much is his BMW costing him every month. He said "well played".

Comment

Thanks,
            I've looked into this question myself. Here's a short overview what I've come up with.

There are options under $1k

He can get into a digital NV scope for $700 or so. They us an Infrared flashlight to illuminate the target.

Downside is that if the target is in a treeline the trees and vegetation wash the scope out.

Thermal uses heat signature to see the target so it doesn't get washed out by trees and vegetation. But they're $1,800.

Both can be used day/night.

Than there's night vision that uses intensifier tubes to intesify ambient light. These can get washed out as well when you shoot making follow up shots more problematic. They can be used during the day. However there are certain precautions you need to take before doing so.

I often visit this site for my info and his reviews.
            He's know as Outdoor Legacy on here.
            He's also a site sponsor.
            We take the confusion out of night vision and thermal optics. We've helped thousands of customers find the optic that is right for their specific situation. At Outdoor Legacy we pride ourselves on offering honest, unbiased pre-purchase advice and customer service after the sale. Have questions? Call us (877)350-1818

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
              I've looked into this question myself. Here's a short overview what I've come up with.

There are options under $1k

He can get into a digital NV scope for $700 or so. They us an Infrared flashlight to illuminate the target.

Downside is that if the target is in a treeline the trees and vegetation wash the scope out.

Thermal uses heat signature to see the target so it doesn't get washed out by trees and vegetation. But they're $1,800.

Both can be used day/night.

Than there's night vision that uses intensifier tubes to intesify ambient light. These can get washed out as well when you shoot making follow up shots more problematic. They can be used during the day. However there are certain precautions you need to take before doing so.

I often visit this site for my info and his reviews.
              He's know as Outdoor Legacy on here.
              He's also a site sponsor.
              https://outdoorlegacygear.com/
              Good gravy that's a really good explanation! Job well done and thanks for the referral.

Pushbutton really did a great job there. To simplify it some, my advice is to buy what your budget allows. If your budget is $1,000 or less, I'd go with the Sightmark Photon RT digital NV scope.

If you can swing $2,000 go with something like the Pulsar Core RXQ30V thermal scope.

I never advise someone to spend more than they are comfortable with, so find that number and then buy the very best optic you can get for the money.

If you have any questions or would like to just talk this out from the ground floor up don't hesitate to give me a call. I'll be glad to answer any questions and try to point you in the right direction, no matter what you budget is.

Jason
              (877)350-1818

Comment

Just started reading this thread and have no clue about cost on NV scopes. Is it possible to get one for under $1000?
                You can absolutely kill a pile of critters for under $1000. Just like mentioned above. I had the old Photon XT and that thing was rock solid. The new Photon RT is supposed to be even better.

Caveat: While what I said above about digital NV is absolutely true, DO NOT LOOK THROUGH A THERMAL SCOPE if you don't have the money for one. It will cause marital problems.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                  Caveat: While what I said above about digital NV is absolutely true, DO NOT LOOK THROUGH A THERMAL SCOPE if you don't have the money for one. It will cause marital problems.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
                    [ATTACH]912297[/ATTACH]
                    Last nights hunt.
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vyOhPiWTUgo
                    Hey this got lost in the shuffle and I just now saw it. Great job! The editing on the video was really good and that's a big boar! Excellent video and thanks for sharing, sorry I missed it until now.

Jason

Comment

The Not Yet Released Yet, Pulsar Trail XP50 LRF...

If you have not heard the news yet, there is some exciting news from Pulsar about a new addition to the popular Trail series of thermal optics. Later this summer of 2018 or early fall, Pulsar is set to release their Pulsar Trail LRF's (Laser Range Finder). The LRF will be available on a few of the Pulsar Trail models but for everyone out there that has been asking for a thermal scope with a built in Laser Range Finder, your wait is near over. Had a chance recently to take the Trail XP50 LRF out on a few hog hunts to test it out. I found that the Laser Range Finder was very accurate and there's much to like about the LRF option. There were only a couple things that I'd like to see changed with the functionality but nothing major. Here's my review and video out in the field on a couple hunts...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4v7uqnAcUY"]PULSAR TRAIL LRF | FIELD REVIEW!!! - YouTube[/ame]
                      Last edited by HansETX; 06-21-2018, 12:42 PM. Reason: editing text

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                        Putting me on the spot.

Knew you'd give an honest opinion.

Comment

Really interested in getting into this. Lots of great info.

Comment

Originally posted by rzurovec View Post
                            Really interested in getting into this. Lots of great info.

Seriously contact Jason at Outdoor Legacy Gear when your ready to purchase, he’ll treat you right and get you the setup that best suits your needs and budget.

Comment

What this guy said. He also isn’t going to try pushing you into something you can’t afford. He’s a dang good guy to do business with

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                              Seriously contact Jason at Outdoor Legacy Gear when your ready to purchase, he’ll treat you right and get you the setup that best suits your needs and budget.

Comment

Since there hasn’t been much debate on here or videos and The Late Night Vision Show stirred the pot with their caliber podcast (Good’un BTW fellas ) what do y’all think of the hit on this one with a
                                .308 using 150gr softpoints @60yds? Is he DOA or gonna live to see another night of rooting up HansETX’s hog bait???

Comment

Working...
                                X