1st Bow Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Bow Blind Build

Well, I finally got on a lease after looking since 09’. Just outside Brady a few minutes north from the lake. Next thing in line was building a blind. Still have a lot of work left but got all do the frame done today. It is in 5 pieces as you see it so it’s all easy to load,unload, and put up. Going to probably skin it in Smart siding panels.

Building the base, skinning it out, and painting will be next. Not sure exactly when I’ll get to it but I’ll post another update when I do.

Blind is 6x6x6 - I’m short so I don’t need anymore height to it. Height to the bottom of the side windows is 39”, Bow window is at 28” on the bottom. Will be installing 12x12 DeerView windows for the sides and a 12x24 for the middle bow window. 30x40” DeerView door on the back unless I can find something else
    Attached Files

Great start. Following this one! If you don’t mind me asking, what are you thinking total costs will be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
      Great start. Following this one! If you don’t mind me asking, what are you thinking total costs will be?

Surprisingly a lot more than I expected. $600ish. But that is also including 3/4” pressure treated plywood (2 sheets), pressure treated 2x6x8’s (7) for the base of the platform, DeerView windows and a DeerView door. Somebody could probably make this cheaper and skin the blind with thinner plywood. I might have been able to get by with just a horizontal brace on the walls too. I’ve considered not using pressure treated plywood or 2x6’s but I really want this to last.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Got the base done, and made my own door vs buying the DeerView. Just wanted to save a little bit of money. Should have it skinned this Thursday/Friday.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Got the materials to skin the blind. So far I’ve spent $138 on the frame and $235 on the plywood and LP smartside. That includes screws etc. Got the roof and platform decked. Should have the blind skinned Thursday/Friday.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post

First off to the op great build.

I also built wooden blinds and it cost me about the same. Thought I was going to save a ton of money boy was I wrong lol. I was a fun build though.

Comment

Starting to look more like a blind. Got it skinned minus the door and now just need to cut the windows, deck the roof, paint, and add DeerView windows.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Siding tacked on.

Comment

Got some led battery lights from amazon that should make it convenient in the mornings getting situated in the blind. Lights turn red, green, blue, and plain white.

2 coats of whoops paint from Lowe’s and some trim for the 4 corners. Roll on roof and liquid nails is sitting on stand by for when we head to the lease. Hopefully it’s next week or the week after I have it up in its new home.

Comment

Great build that should last a long time. I would like to see the roof. That door is just down right awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Youngblood View Post
                              Great build that should last a long time. I would like to see the roof. That door is just down right awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Thank-you. I’ll get some pics of the roof up when I add the roll on roof. It’s framed 6x6 with 2 2x3’s stacked up on the front angling back to a single 2x3 in the back. Sits right on top.

Comment

Working...
                              X