Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tax Reform Bill..........

What do y'all think about it?

The main street media is doing a good job telling the American people it is bad bill.

With the House of Representatives set to vote on the Republican tax reform bill Tuesday before sending it to the Senate and then the President’s desk for signing on Wednesday, the plan faces growing opposition and a widespread perception that it will benefit the wealthy more than the middle class, according to a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS.

Actually, FOX was just beating up on it also. Oops, they are part of the mainstream media. I digress, it is going to be extremely interesting how the ingredients get mixed today on the hill. Going to be lots of sketchy changes before the VOTE tonight or tomorrow. Stay tuned and take your lumps as they come!

Comment

CNN says only 35% of Americans approve this bill....its plastered across the TV screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        CNN says only 35% of Americans approve this bill....its plastered across the TV screen.
        It was 50/50 or so yesterday on two polls.
        It will be dang interesting to see how this shakes out between this hour and the vote..............we probably wont be overly thrilled as common citizens but we can hope for the BEST! I still wonder if taxes will be able to be done on a POSTCARD???

Comment

It'll allow them to all retreat to their respective corners and demonize each other while claiming they tried. I suppose it's better than nothing for the most part but I'm not expecting to be thrilled by any of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
            It'll allow them to all retreat to their respective corners and demonize each other while claiming they tried. I suppose it's better than nothing for the most part but I'm not expecting to be thrilled by any of it.
            yep, that's what I think also

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
              It'll allow them to all retreat to their respective corners and demonize each other while claiming they tried.
              nail on the head

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

If those tax calculators are correct it will save me some money........

Comment

I'm trying to figure out why everyone says it's horrible. Is it not a large enough tax cut for the actual tax payers?

Comment

The House passed the bill with the Senate voting tonight. Of course, no Democrats voted for it. Why is it bad for us to be able to keep more of the money we earned?? I would love to talk to some of the these Democrats and ask if they really believe this is bad for America or if they are just voting the way Schumer and Pelosi tell them to vote. I am so tired of them characterizing it as a tax break for the wealthy. Folks seem to have a disconnect between dollars and percentages. If I pay $1000 in taxes and get to keep 10% of that then that is $100. If I pay $100,000 in taxes and get to keep 10% then I keep $10,000- more money but the same percentage. I have no problem with the rich 10% that pay 71 percent of the taxes getting to keep more of their money. Cut back on the entitlements and we can fund the government. I personally believe in a flat tax- everyone paying the same amount, percentage wise, even the folks that make too little to have to pay taxes now- then they have some skin in the game. Folks that don't have to pay taxes and getting back money/refund due to tax breaks is mindless.

Comment

If the MSM is against it, then that's all that I need to know. Sounds like a great deal to me.

Comment

It would be better if they confiscated even less of our money than they will with this new tax law. But if they keep a little bit less than they would have after this change, it's a win. The media and the Dems are lying about it (as usual).

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
                          If the MSM is against it, then that's all that I need to know. Sounds like a great deal to me.
                          Exactly. The fact Pelosi is having a literal conniption fit tells me this has to be good.

Comment

Here is what the media wants to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                              Here is what the media wants to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I say YES
                              The more money he gets to keep the more people he can hire. Win win
                              Idiot liberals don't understand how things work and don't want to. They just follow. They do not lead.

Comment

Working...
                              X