Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    Simply stating it makes it true
    That seems to be how facts are made these days.

Edit: The reason I asked texasnavy the question is that I believe what he is saying is that every city has racist people, which is reasonable and true. I don't think he is saying every city is "institutionally" racist which would just be absurd.
    Last edited by Clay C; 04-05-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
      You should at least stop for tacos and a beer. We got that going on. And the yoga pants per capita is high so there is that too.
      Well I might just have to do that.

Comment

Yea, every city has "racism" alright... All you have to do is watch the nightly news... some butt-hurt group is complaining about being offended, then there's a riot about it, but the VAST majority of folks who have to work for a living and pay taxes don't go out and tear crap up and burn stuff down... They're working and they're the ones who get hunt with this lable of racist... That works BOTH ways... If "whitie" got on TV and said and did half the things all these butt-hurt minority groups do, whitie would be strung up... I for one have had a gut full of it... I don't have a racist bone in my body nor am I prejudiced against any "group" because of their physical make up. I am VERY prejudiced against lawlessness, and disrespect, thievery, assault and such. I don't care what your background/nationality/color/gender or is. If you push that stuff on me, I indeed will push back with GREAT VIGOR.

Comment

Well I can say I had the most "racist" moment ever in my life in Austin. I was on a residential AC service call, found the condenser fan motor bad and was gonna be about 700 for everything. Told the older white guy and he flipped the F out on me. Called me a pos ni**er, with a few more expletives, and said gtfo his house. I stood there like *** and said ok. Turned and walked out the door. About a minute later he comes running out to me apologizing and kissing arse. He kept saying he didn't mean it but he stuck the landing pretty good on the N word so it wasn't his first to say it. Luckily for him, I am a mild mannered person who needs to work or I would've broken his jaw. And got fired. Lol.

Comment

Simply stating it makes it true
            id say common sense makes it true, but that seems to be in short supply these days.

are you really wanting to argue that every city has racism? imo it would be much harder to disprove than to prove. i guess you could argue that institutuonalized racism doesnt exist everywhere but again, there WILL be racist people and the "institution" is, after all, made up of people.

i wouldn't throw these opinions around as facts. racism is typically deeply rooted and its easy to hide. not a whole lot of overt racism these days. the article did a good job of finding objective statistical ways to show it though. and, id be interested to see how other cities in Texas compare. my guess would be that Austin would be among the least racist.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
              That seems to be how facts are made these days.

Edit: The reason I asked texasnavy the question is that I believe what he is saying is that every city has racist people, which is reasonable and true. I don't think he is saying every city is "institutionally" racist which would just be absurd.
              i agree with your edit. though i think its nearly impossible to have no racism institutionalized.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                You should at least stop for tacos and a beer. We got that going on. And the yoga pants per capita is high so there is that too.
                Aint nothing wrong with this post!!! I like your outlook sir.
                Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                Well I can say I had the most "racist" moment ever in my life in Austin. I was on a residential AC service call, found the condenser fan motor bad and was gonna be about 700 for everything. Told the older white guy and he flipped the F out on me. Called me a pos ni**er, with a few more expletives, and said gtfo his house. I stood there like *** and said ok. Turned and walked out the door. About a minute later he comes running out to me apologizing and kissing arse. He kept saying he didn't mean it but he stuck the landing pretty good on the N word so it wasn't his first to say it. Luckily for him, I am a mild mannered person who needs to work or I would've broken his jaw. And got fired. Lol.
                Hum, uh, wow........ouch........you are better than me!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  He isn't wrong at all. As a single man, I love Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Yea, every city has "racism" alright... All you have to do is watch the nightly news... some butt-hurt group is complaining about being offended, then there's a riot about it, but the VAST majority of folks who have to work for a living and pay taxes don't go out and tear crap up and burn stuff down... They're working and they're the ones who get hunt with this lable of racist... That works BOTH ways... If "whitie" got on TV and said and did half the things all these butt-hurt minority groups do, whitie would be strung up... I for one have had a gut full of it... I don't have a racist bone in my body nor am I prejudiced against any "group" because of their physical make up. I am VERY prejudiced against lawlessness, and disrespect, thievery, assault and such. I don't care what your background/nationality/color/gender or is. If you push that stuff on me, I indeed will push back with GREAT VIGOR.
                    Heck yea, we sick of hearing it.

Comment

Didn't Kaepernick use the term "institutional racism" with regards to America last season during his anthem protest? And now he can't find a job.....and that makes me happy lol.

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
                        id say common sense makes it true, but that seems to be in short supply these days.

are you really wanting to argue that every city has racism? imo it would be much harder to disprove than to prove. i guess you could argue that institutuonalized racism doesnt exist everywhere but again, there WILL be racist people and the "institution" is, after all, made up of people.

i wouldn't throw these opinions around as facts. racism is typically deeply rooted and its easy to hide. not a whole lot of overt racism these days. the article did a good job of finding objective statistical ways to show it though. and, id be interested to see how other cities in Texas compare. my guess would be that Austin would be among the least racist.

I'm not arguing anything. I don't except the premise of the article.
                        Theres no doubt that there are raciest among us but there is no proof that it is more than an individual issue especially in Austin Tx where they bend over backwards for every minority issue

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

Hum, uh, wow........ouch........you are better than me!
                          Haha, well ya know. Didn't feel like going to jail.

Comment

I'm not arguing anything. I don't accept the premise of the article.
                            Theres no doubt that there are raciest among us but there is no proof that it is more than an individual issue especially in Austin Tx where they bend over backwards for every minority issue

Comment

South Austin could use a good Ethiopian restaurant.

-------------------------------
                              Violence never settles anything
                              -Genghis Kahn

Comment

The task force asks the city to develop a “local dedicated fund” to alleviate institutional racism in Austin real estate and housing – they recommend a mandatory linkage fee of $2 per square foot, which could raise $60 million annually and create 400 housing units at $150,000 each. The 10-year goal should be $600 million.
                                So they want a $2 per square foot tax on every new building? On a 2500 sq ft house it would cost you an additional $5000.

Comment

Working...
                                X