No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just walk down with your 12 pack of Coronas and start coughing.
    Maybe even wear some gloves and a face mask.

Comment

Ha that might work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Really would like to bring this longbow to Granger it shoots pretty good. First shoot and last shot of three dozen, four were not on the black dot at 15-18 yards. Center started to get kinda soft.
        Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone bait new areas and if so how long does it usually take until they find that bait

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas634 View Post
            I have only caught two both times so I’m just not going to try with these spawning times anymore

Get some river minnows or know your jig. Lots of fish, but lots of people. Vast majority are really nice even if crowded. Pic was today a few hours.
            Attached Files

Comment

San Antonio on lock down. Guess I'll just sit here.

Comment

were on stay home orders Williamson starting in a few hours. But it reads specifically ok (and other comments prior recommends) to enjoy outdoor recreation as long as 6 feet away from the other yahoo. I say that is a go, to go (fish). Otherwise continue fixin this house.

Comment

SATX is no movement except work, groceries, gas and I guess Dr.

Comment

So ive never been to granger but im going this weekend to scout. im going to reference the picture at the beginning of the post is it all spot stalk? Or would a climbing stand be good to bring? Any thing work better then others out there for bait? Thanks in advance im ready to get some "exercise" in the woods

Comment

I have seen tree stands chained up out there and have lots of trails going all ways from it, also I’m heading out there this weekend too to possible try some baiting

Comment

Originally posted by CherokeeATX View Post
                        So ive never been to granger but im going this weekend to scout. im going to reference the picture at the beginning of the post is it all spot stalk? Or would a climbing stand be good to bring? Any thing work better then others out there for bait? Thanks in advance im ready to get some "exercise" in the woods
                        Welcome to the forum. A stand would work. Especially over bait. But you probably want to scout a spot to set up first. As always, I highly recommend reading all 130+ pages of this thread. What else do you have to do these days anyways?

Comment

�� all 130? Idk if i have it in me lol ive maybe read 30 so far but been skipping around. Im gunna try my luck this week end any advice without reading the entire thread would be nice tho��

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas634 View Post
                            I have seen tree stands chained up out there and have lots of trails going all ways from it, also I’m heading out there this weekend too to possible try some baiting

Let me know if you stick something ill help you pack it out ill update what i see this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by CherokeeATX View Post
                              �� all 130? Idk if i have it in me lol ive maybe read 30 so far but been skipping around. Im gunna try my luck this week end any advice without reading the entire thread would be nice tho��
                              Wear comfortable walking shoes.
                              Always have an arrow nocked and release on the string.
                              If they are running shoot them in the lips.
                              Take water (or a filter), it's getting hot.
                              You cannot outrun a pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                                Wear comfortable walking shoes.

Always have an arrow nocked and release on the string.

If they are running shoot them in the lips.

Take water (or a filter), it's getting hot.

You cannot outrun a pig.
                                Thanks for the info im gunna bring my camelbak 3L but i will definitely stay at the ready i would hate to take a cutter to the thigh or worse

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X