The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
    Yea the guy behind the counter knew the Garrison Brothers and said he was suprised they released it. I'm wondering if it was just a bad batch because i have heard good things about Garrison Brothers
    Must be. Was in Total Wine yesterday and they said their tasting was a hit with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
      Yea the guy behind the counter knew the Garrison Brothers and said he was suprised they released it. I'm wondering if it was just a bad batch because i have heard good things about Garrison Brothers

I used to drink GB religiously until I got a skunk bottle. I still have it every now and then, but that one bad bottle ruined me. I haven’t had a bad one since. I think it is just a mental thing now.

Comment

Me Too

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
        I used to drink GB religiously until I got a skunk bottle. I still have it every now and then, but that one bad bottle ruined me. I haven’t had a bad one since. I think it is just a mental thing now.
        I had one also. Bought it 15-18 months ago, tried it and couldn't take it.
        Took it to my bourbon group, everybody thought it was urine. Not as bad as Rogue Whiskey but close. I'll pay for no more.

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
          I had one also. Bought it 15-18 months ago, tried it and couldn't take it.
          Took it to my bourbon group, everybody thought it was urine. Not as bad as Rogue Whiskey but close. I'll pay for no more.
          I’ll take it and cut this high west cat urine and see if it helps it

Comment

I don't generally publish press releases. I am publishing this one for two reasons. (1) It contains a lot of interesting information. (2...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any been able to find Rockhill Farms?

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                Wow.. they're going big! It seems they are in a good spot on allocation with customers all over the world wanting more. Stinks that it takes patiences and years to make great bourbon.. hope prices just see natural progression and not huge leaps but I'm sure I'm wrong on that

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                  Nope, been looking. I’ve got a little bit left in a bottle, but haven’t been able to find anymore.

Comment

Grabbed a good one today in EC barrel proof and also ran across some interesting ones like Black Maple Hill, IW Harper 15, and Jefferson’s Ocean Wheated

Comment

Where did you find that stash?!

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                        Grabbed a good one today in EC barrel proof and also ran across some interesting ones like Black Maple Hill, IW Harper 15, and Jefferson’s Ocean Wheated
                        Wow. Prices on them must be pretty high if they’re just sitting there. No? Tasted the EC barrel proof last weekend at a bar. Its good stuff.

Comment

I haven't seen any in years. In Texas at least, it is getting as hard to find as Pappy and the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection. Seems like some hit the DFW area in September of last year, but was snatched up within minutes of it hitting the stores.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

As I understand it, from reviews, you should pick up that Black Maple Hill. I wish I could find it!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                              Wow. Prices on them must be pretty high if they’re just sitting there. No? Tasted the EC barrel proof last weekend at a bar. Its good stuff.
                              Not too bad. EC barrel proof I picked up for $64, Jefferson’s wheated was $73, IW Harper $60, and the Black Maple Hill was marked up to $89

Comment

Where did you find that stash?!

I hit about 10 stores traveling haha
                                Last edited by bphillips; 06-13-2018, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X