JFT Turkey Tour 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
    Going this evening trying to get wifey a turkey or two, hopefully the wind cooperates....

Got blanked this evening, had 4 longbeards ease down a wash to the marcelinas gobbling the whole way to the roost. Only problem was it wasn't the wash they usually use that we were setup on. Maybe something bumped them in the mesquite flat on the way and diverted their route about 200 yards to our east. We will watch the sunrise and gobblers wake up Saturday morning with the little one in tow. Debating carrying the popup or using the ground blind.....

Comment

Heading back south where we had great success opening weekend in a couple days. Cmon Friday afternoon!

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
        Heading back south where we had great success opening weekend in a couple days. Cmon Friday afternoon!

Good luck

We’re sittin out this weekend.

Comment

Little chilly, windy and showering off and on probably won't hear any but man, sure feels good toting the baby girl. God is great!

Comment

Been a while since I woke up in my own bed on a Saturday morning....feels good honestly.

Spending the weekend with my girls and packing. Flight to Casper leaves early Tuesday morning.

Comment

Hard at it in Poth this morning. Birds have been less than cooperative so far.

Comment

All quiet in Caldwell county. Off to a bad start. Blinds are all overgrown and forgot to grab the decoy bag...

Need some dumb luck this morning.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

4 gobblers and a hen just came through. Just out of bow range.

Comment

My buddy just got one in Schulenburg. Said the birds are prime time right now....super aggressive.

Comment

For 90% chance of rain, it turned out to be a beautiful day

Spent the afternoon collecting rolly pollies, doing honey do’s, and now grillin

[emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                        My buddy just got one in Schulenburg. Said the birds are prime time right now....super aggressive.
                        Wish that had been the case down the road near Luling. Checked the cams afterwards and all my birds have moved on.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddy and I mowed one down late yesterday in Poth. Back at it this morning.

Comment

Was in the “Eastern” woods on Saturday morning for a bit. Got on a good bird and just didn’t get him killed. Foreseeing the washout that was coming I opted to head back home. Got back to the Rio woods today....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Niiiice!!! Congrats fellas!

Comment

Another one bit the dust this am. Double beard, 10 1/4” on the long one. 1 1/4” spurs. Life is good! I have pics but not able to post from my phone.

Comment

Working...
                                X