JFT Turkey Tour 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Christoval still had some great action for the two folks who made the trek this weekend.

Both good birds! Both bow kills over decoys.

Humper - 9.75” beard. 1” spurs

Lsmith. 8.5” beard .. longest spur 1-7/16” 21lbs

That brings us to 15 Toms in the first 3 weekends this year. Gonna be hard to ever top or repeat that. We hit it perfect this year with a large amount of willing birds.
    How big is y’alls lease? That’s an impressive haul!

Comment

Originally posted by 2coolforschool View Post
      How big is y’alls lease? That’s an impressive haul!

It is our best since I've been on for total numbers and we are still covered in them. We usually kill 7-8 birds a year and that's with not trying super hard after the first two weekends being so far away.

Our place is ~2400 acres that is part of 4100. The other part is the LOs family side.

Humper's bird was one of ten he saw that am....
      Last edited by Smart; 04-15-2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2018

Birds cooperated this morning in Gillespie county. Finally got these two to commit and sent a Bullhead at the one beating up on my DSD Jake.
        Once he was down the other Tom jumped on him until he stopped flopping. Then proceeded to assault my hen for around 10
        Minutes. Finally had to run him off. Saving him for
        Later. Got the shot on video but won’t let Me post it. If someone will PM me their number I Will send it and they can put it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
          Birds cooperated this morning in Gillespie county. Finally got these two to commit and sent a Bullhead at the one beating up on my DSD Jake.
          Once he was down the other Tom jumped on him until he stopped flopping. Then proceeded to assault my hen for around 10
          Later. Got the shot on video but won’t let Me post it. If someone will PM me their number I Will send it and they can put it up.

Great pics....and congrats. You are gonna have to load it up to youtube or other video hosting site to put it on here. We can't just upload videos anymore unfortunately.

On a side note, you are a better more patient man than me if a big Tom is still there and you passed him up...well unless you are saving him for somebody else. Those suckers are tough to get back multiple times. A "wise" man once said to me..."Get em when you can..."
          Last edited by Smart; 04-15-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Great pics....and congrats. You are gonna have to load it up to youtube or other video hosting site to put it on here. We can't just upload videos anymore unfortunately.

On a side note, you are a better more patient man than me if a big Tom is still there and you passed him up...well unless you are saving him for somebody else. Those suckers are tough to get back a multiple times. A "wise" man once said to me..."Get em when you can..."

We are fortunate to have plenty of Mature Tom’s around and not much pressure near us. That is bird #2 for the year. Have to let the old man catch up or he will get grumpy.

Comment

Way to go Mark!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Turned some primaries into fletchings for the next two weekends... it's a long shot, but still have a chance to tag out

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                  Birds kicked our butts this weekend.

I got my tail tucked and about to head down I10.

Not a whole lot to recap but I’ll post some photos later.

Prolly take next weekend off and get ready for Wyoming
                  Sorry to hear it Clay. We ended up with 6 for the weekend. Hunting was extremely tough. Birds would hardly talk once they flew down and were pretty much henned up. Mid-day hunts near water were very successful for us.

Congrats to everyone else that scored this weekend!

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2018

Congrats Mark, hell of a video as well. Total decapitation.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                      Kinney County kicked my butt again, way too many hens in my pasture.

Stay after them bud they'll get lonely sooner or later!

Comment

2 more weeks and some Easterns are gonna get hammered! I’ve got a great spot picked out, and I’ll give em heck. Two straight weekends of making mama happy, something’s gonna die! I just hope the weather will level out by then, it’s been terrible.

Great birds so far, congrats to all of the successful hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                          Congrats Mark, hell of a video as well. Total decapitation.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Dustin. Still can’t get video to post. I can send it to someone if they want to post it.

Comment

Thanks Dustin. Still can’t get video to post. I can send it to someone if they want to post it.

Have you uploaded it to youtube? or another video hosting site?

Comment

Have you uploaded it to youtube? or another video hosting site?

To you tube but still can’t get it to post here.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                                How soon are you going North? NW Nebraska got blanketed by a blizzard. More snow coming next week
                                I fly out next Tuesday morning, visit some jobsites, and the hunt begins Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                                X