Cali Considering No Firearm use from Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
    The beauty of free choice in America. I don't care to do those things so I don't choose to be an officer.

Fist fights shouldn't warrant a death sentence.

If I’m an officer and you’ve got me down beating on my head I’m going to kill you if I’m conscious and able to get to my gun. It’s easy to sit back in the comfort of your recliner, in the safety of your own living room and Monday morning quarterback these situations.

So if someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night and you are within feet of him in the dark are you going to use deadly force? Or are you going to take time to assess the situation and see if he’s just there to rob you or rob you and do harm to you?

Sometimes you only have seconds to make a decision and act. Those seconds can be the difference between life or death. Officers face these situations everyday. Luckily you probably don’t have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol.

This is what Cali is aiming to do.
      You have got to be kidding. Most all that California does when it comes to police ends up making their job harder. Choices made, what about the choice that the perp makes when he assults an officer. I guess the badge should turn the other cheek. Sorry bud but I disagree with your logic. While an officers actions should be held to a higher standard that does not mean you cut them off at the knees and restrict their abilities. Sure there will be bad cops, dicipline them accordingly or terminate them. But you can't throw out some blanket policy and expect good results. This will just allow more violent actions by the people that make the bad decisions.

Comment

Lol.

I'm not anti-police. I'm pro better decision making.
        Better decision making that you know nothing about? Sounds like a politician.

Comment

On one hand I think this is idiotic and will put officers in danger.

On the other hand, it's only fair considering how Cali treats it's subjects. If the "citizens" can't have/use guns, why should the government be able to? Kind of one of the fundamental ideas this country was founded on.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
            If I’m an officer and you’ve got me down beating on my head I’m going to kill you if I’m conscious and able to get to my gun. It’s easy to sit back in the comfort of your recliner, in the safety of your own living room and Monday morning quarterback these situations.

So if someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night and you are within feet of him in the dark are you going to use deadly force? Or are you going to take time to assess the situation and see if he’s just there to rob you or rob you and do harm to you?

Sometimes you only have seconds to make a decision and act. Those seconds can be the difference between life or death. Officers face these situations everyday. Luckily you probably don’t have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a cop and I'm going to do that in that situation. One punch can be deadly.

Comment

Lol.

Put on the uniform and confront criminals all day then come back and tell us how better decision making you are!
              Criminal want to commit felonies,resist, and act a fool without fear of getting shot.

Comment

Eff that - they already have police issues in Cali.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post

On the other hand, it's only fair considering how Cali treats it's subjects. If the "citizens" can't have/use guns, why should the government be able to? Kind of one of the fundamental ideas this country was founded on.
                  Interesting perspective.

Comment

One would think by now, God would cut that San Andreas fault loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      On one hand I think this is idiotic and will put officers in danger.

Kind of the same as, if the government isnt going to follow laws (sanctuary cities) can they really expect the "citizens" too?

Comment

I didn't click the link but I hope Cali does it. Would be valuable to have those statistics to show how terrible of an idea it is for any other state to consider.

Comment

Best Live PD shows ever, this is gonna be good. Feel bad for the LEO's though.

Comment

Lol.

Remember the blue toyota getting shot up for matching a description in Cali? Better decisions have to be made before use of lethal force. This is what Cali is aiming to do.
                            Well, if we keep making it more dangerous for cops to do their job, the ones that are "better decision" makers will make the "better" decision to seek other careers. Then ALL we are left with is bad decision makers. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                              Well, if we keep making it more dangerous for cops to do their job, the ones that are "better decision" makers will make the "better" decision to seek other careers. Then ALL we are left with is bad decision makers. IMO
                              Sadly in some places that's already starting to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
                                Sadly in some places that's already starting to happen.
                                Yep..
                                Its happening in a lot of the border towns and counties.. The cartels and their vicious threats against LEO's and their families are forcing many to seek careers that are far less hazardous.....
                                Trump needs to direct Mad Dog to form a BIG task force and go to these places and clean house.. Take NO prisoners!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X