Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few pics from South Texas this past week....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
    He was my favorite buck I saw on this trip with the very young 6x6 next in line. He more of a future prospect at this point but off to a great start. Here are some more pics of the clean 6x6.
    My picture perfect buck.. Awesome pics(and deer)!!

Comment

Awesome pics

Comment

Great photos

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
          Seems like it's gonna be a good one. I haven't gotten to take it out much yet (go to work in the dark, come home in the dark), but I think it will work out well. The build quality is awesome that's for sure, it's just a heavy son of a gun haha.
          What does it weigh? My Canon 4.0 500 mm IS lens weighs little over 7 lbs. I have to use tripod when I use it or at least a mono-pod.

Comment

Great......now I have drool on my keyboard!

Comment

Wow...great captures of spectacular bucks. I would look at one and say "that is my favorite"...get to the next and say, no that one. I said that all through your pics. Really nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by yazoomon View Post
                The sunset photo of the 12? a few photos up is spectacular!!!! What great photos and a great ranch. Thanks for sharing. By the way, I need some lessons. I have a Seven also and some good glass, I just don't know how to set my camera for light and speed ect. I am working at it though. Thanks again.
                Thanks. That buck that is way out in the full sun? If that is the one that was after sunrise and he is a 7x7 typical and bumping 8x7. I am still learning my camera and lenses also. I am self taught and need a lot practice. I use a tripod all the time with my 7D and 500mm since it is so heavy. I try to use Manual exposure mode when possible and go for the lowest ISO(100 if possible). Then make camera adjustments to get the picture quality I want. That picture was taken at 100 ISO, F4 and 1/320 exposure. Like I said I am still learning as I go. If lighting is bad and deer are moving around a lot very early/late in dark shadow spots then I use the Programmed Auto exposure setting some. Lot of times I just taking pics of deer when I see him the first time so I have them for future reference history on a buck.

Comment

Those are gorgeous deer, that is a high fence place I take it ? **** I would like any one of them, but several just make your hart rate increase looking at your pictures. Nice "shooting."

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                    Those are gorgeous deer, that is a high fence place I take it ? **** I would like any one of them, but several just make your hart rate increase looking at your pictures. Nice "shooting."
                    Thanks and yes it is a large HF ranch.

Comment

Absolutely amazing pics! The potential with that youngster is crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
                        What does it weigh? My Canon 4.0 500 mm IS lens weighs little over 7 lbs. I have to use tripod when I use it or at least a mono-pod.
                        It's a little under that. Probably around 6 lbs.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Dang!

Comment

Thanks again everyone. I'll add a few more here.
                              Last edited by texashunter56; 01-10-2018, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Awesome deer

Comment

Working...
                                X