No announcement yet.

Proof that a parents love is unconditional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Sophia Vergara there? Get any pics of her? I have one with me and Jennifer Reyna I'll trade ya if so.

Comment

My wife is a sponsor on the high school robotics team. I met her for lunch this year during the regional competition. I never saw that many nerds and weirdos in all my years of engineering classes.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
        My wife is a sponsor on the high school robotics team. I met her for lunch this year during the regional competition. I never saw that many nerds and weirdos in all my years of engineering classes.
        I helped out the SMU solar car team with some machining a few years ago. I think I have a permanent twitch from being around that many nerds.

Comment

Go easy on the nerds. I probably could have won that competition in high school.

Not sure why it’s funny or fun to make fun of kids.

Comment

This post made me laugh, as you have already read my feeing on this torture you endured.

Enjoy the basketball tournament with the normal kids today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wife wants to know when the next one is so she can observe for herself.

Comment

Well at least the weather sucks for fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                  Go easy on the nerds. I probably could have won that competition in high school.

Would you have wore the attire he mentioned? His kiddo was participating so I doubt making fun of the competition was his intent. My kid struggles in Spanish 2 so a Latin competition is pretty **** impressive.

Comment

Kudos to your daughter for learning Latin and for competing.
                    Gee, I hope "kudos" is a Latin word.
                    My wife had jury duty, so I became a last-minute sub to chaperone the middle school orchestra trip. All I can say is "bless you and thank you" to those parents who chaperone middle school anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post

I'm not sure why it is either....it just is.

I wasn't making fun of the Latin Competition, I was just commenting on how brutally boring it was. I was poking fun at the weirdoes that showed up to garner some badly needed attention. I guess I could have waited a few years until they were grown up weirdoes, but I don't like to procrastinate. If that bothers you, sorry.
                      Last edited by curtintex; 04-15-2018, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Did you at least have a flask?

Congrats on having a kid that smart, it’s copying off people like her that got me through middle school and high school

Comment

Saw the same thing at a robotics engineering competition. Scary watching those weirdos. I know exactly what you are talking about.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dale Moser;13314744]I don't think "young man" is the proper nomenclature for those...whatevers.

Then again our boys got their asses whipped twice at baseball this morning. So...

yours too? seems to be a lot of that going around before baseball games

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                              Jeez that sounds incredibly pointless. Get her some books on cancer research or cold fusion, something useful.
                              Huge help on verbal portion of SAT’s

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                                Huge help on verbal portion of SAT’s
                                Yep. Knowledge of Latin roots' meanings can help you figure out plenty of English words that you would otherwise have no clue about.

Another bonus of taking Latin (in college) is that you don't have to learn to speak it -- being a dead language; hence, no language labs to attend.

Comment

Working...
                                X