Proof that a parents love is unconditional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spent the last two days at the State Latin Competition, as a chaperone, with my eighth grade daughter, Peyton.

First, no parent should EVER have to endure this.

Second, I don't know if I love Peyton as much now. OK, I do, but it was touch and go there for a while.

Third, there are a ton of weird kids in this world and I took pictures of many of them. I'm sorry, but since they're minors I'm not gonna share on the web, but these pics included: guys in Toga wear; a young man with a front carrying baby pack with a stuffed animal inside; another young man in full drag including makeup and sequined blouse; a fellow with turquoise hair; a fellow with an alligator knit hat on his head; a boy in a kilt; a fellow in a one piece pajama including footies and hood; a strange kid that if he reached in a backpack I'd have tackled to the ground. I'm gonna make a wierdo scrapbook to show Peyton how weird her peers are.

Fourth, it made me realize once again how cool I was as a kid.

Fifth, My wife agreed with all of this so this is not just me being an *******.....this time.

Thankfully we have a basketball tourney tomorrow to offset the madness that I endured at the Latin Competition.

What did you wear?

Comment

Was this some sort of dress up affair or you think these kids leave the house like that most days?

No of that would fly at my house. It's amazing what some parents let their kids get away with

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
        What did you wear?
        Speedo and a wife beater with my favorite boots....why?

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Was this some sort of dress up affair or you think these kids leave the house like that most days?

No of that would fly at my house. It's amazing what some parents let their kids get away with
        No sir. This was definitely NOT a "dress up affair" to 95% of the students there. I mean they were almost all nerds, because lets face it, we were at a LATIN COMPETITION, but most had on typical teen attire. Jeans and t-shirts with their school name on it, shorts and a hoodie, or just casual wear. No sir....very few brought out their Pokemon pajamas.

Comment

I don't think "young man" is the proper nomenclature for those...whatevers.

Then again our boys got their asses whipped twice at baseball this morning. So...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Curt that would have been a perfect time to sport the coveralls you picked up on here.

Comment

What in the sam hell is a Latin Competition

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                What in the sam hell is a Latin Competition

It’s a competition of ones knowledge of Latin. Lots of testing, both written and verbal. I’ve got a smart kid, but that’s no excuse for what she made me endure,[emoji35].

Comment

Jeez that sounds incredibly pointless. Get her some books on cancer research or cold fusion, something useful.

Comment

Since you can't post pics of minors, could you demonstrate by posting pics of yourself, wearing a toga, while having a front carrying baby pack with a stuffed animal inside, in full drag including makeup and sequined blouse with turquoise hair, with an alligator knit hat on your head, in a kilt, in a one piece pajama including footies and hood, with a back pack on.

Inquiring minds want a clear picture of what you described.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                      Since you can't post pics of minors, could you demonstrate by posting pics of yourself, wearing a toga, while having a front carrying baby pack with a stuffed animal inside, in full drag including makeup and sequined blouse with turquoise hair, with an alligator knit hat on your head, in a kilt, in a one piece pajama including footies and hood, with a back pack on.

Inquiring minds want a clear picture of what you described.

Sounds like SPRING BREAK ‘91!!!!!

Comment

Hahaha you’re a good dad for hanging in there. Does she want to do something in the medical field or just has a thing for torturing you?

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                          Hahaha you’re a good dad for hanging in there. Does she want to do something in the medical field or just has a thing for torturing you?

She’s 13. I’m just praying she doesn’t want to be a contractor like her Daddy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            She’s 13. I’m just praying she doesn’t want to be a contractor like her Daddy!!!!
                            Haha I hope to be half the dad you are...the half that goes to the basketball games

Comment

Lol, part of me wants pat you on the back and tell you it'll be ok. Another part of me is jealous because this competition sounds like it was quite the descent people watching affair. I love watching people!

Comment

Working...
                              X