Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do YOU cut your carbon arrows to length?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dremel.

Comment

A dremel with the thin cutting blades. I used to eyeball the 90 degrees, now I have a carpenter's speed square and tape the arrow where I want it, and carefully cut the end at 90 degrees.

That's a great idea using a tubing cutter, I have some old arrows in the garage, I want to go and try it now

Comment

I just got one last week from Bowhunter Super store... Delivered about $90.00

Comment

Here is my dremel set up. It works like a champ. I still use an ASD but they really don't seem to need it.
          Attached Files

Comment

I too use a cut off saw, but I do have a saw like the one above from Harbor Freight, only with a metal blade that I use to cut my cedars with.

Comment

lbbf
              sweet set up

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
                Here is my dremel set up. It works like a champ. I still use an ASD but they really don't seem to need it.
                That is cool assembly, but you still have the cost of the Dremel, parts, and time, to avoid spending $120 for a tool that is designed to do this.

Comment

nice setup... but I'll stick with my Apple pro 8000 rpm saw.... been with me many years...

Comment

I already had the dermel and wood so I was only out $4 or so for the track.

Comment

Archery Proshop....

A real one not a department store.....

Comment

Dremel

Comment

Where I buy my arrows, they will cut them for you at no charge...I thought of doing it myself but whats the point...

Comment

anyone tried the tubing cutter yet?

Comment

I just saw this and will try the mini tubing cutter. Don't have a pic but I built one of the Harbor Freight cut saws into an arrow saw. Works great and cheap.

Comment

I hope that you guy's that try it have the same result I had

Comment

Working...
                                X