Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smith & Wesson SD40VE New Sigma Series .40 Pistol

Anyone have one of these?

Please, NO 40 S&W bashers...the "son's" and I have the 45, 9mm, 10mm, 38/357, 40 S&W, 44/41 mags in various brands but really intrigued on this S&W model? Also NO need to BASH just based on price, lol!

Just curious if any "experienced" use and reviews....

Had one that went bang every time I pulled the trigger. Just didn’t care for it though.

Comment

A $23 aprx spring kit & ur good to go

Comment

Friend had horrible luck with one. Numerous attempts with a gunsmith before finally trading. The trigger in them is pretty bad, imo. Spongy. Gs finally said his problems may have been due the trigger not resetting between shots. I'm sticking with the m&p and revolvers. Not trying to bash, just giving my opinion and relative experience first and second hand

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I had one. Dumped it at a gun show first chance I got. I love me some S&W but the one I had sucked. Trigger was awful and even after having the ramp polished it still wouldn’t feed anything but ball ammo worth a flip.

Comment

I have one and it shoots fine. I wouldn't enter a match with it but it will save a life if needed. Great truck gun for the price.

Comment

A friend has one. Nothing wrong with it except the trigger. It SUCKS ! But, as bigmike said, put a good trigger in it and it's good to go.

Comment

As said, trigger is terrible which lead to it not being consistent. Also as mentioned, it served its purpose as a truck gun i just toted around while working on the road. Worked a lot of shutdown jobs at the time so some of the company i had may have had habits to maintain so things occasionally disappeared and if it went i wouldnt be terribly disappointed. I still have it but it never sees action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The one I had was very reliable. Never had a misfire or jam. Was fairly accurate. Varied it as my side arm while checking hog traps. Sent many hogs to there maker. For a cheap dependable pistol I don’t think you can go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The trigger feels awful otherwise it is a solid handgun. Put it the trigger kit, or at least the spring kit, offered from APEX and it is significantly better. I have a lot of rounds through mine without issue.

Comment

I have one and it’s a solid gun, as stated by everyone else the trigger pull is pretty stiff

Comment

Yep i have the 40
                        Best 299 u can spend..just wait and they go on sale for 249 with 2 extra clips and case

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                          Yep i have the 40
                          Best 299 u can spend..just wait and they go on sale for 249 with 2 extra clips and case

I agree with this^^. Great gun for the price, I shoot it better than my higher dollar guns actually. Great gun for sidexside or Jeep.

Comment

I suggest spending the extra money on a M&P full-size 2.0. I have three full-size M&Ps, two M&P compacts and one M&P shield and I love them all compared to the SD40VE I recently bought new and ended up selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You get what you pay for. I had one in 9mm. Trigger was absolutely terrible. I had a handful of FTF. After a couple hundred rounds it wouldn't always lock open after the last shot. Sold it off cheap. Maybe it was just bad one I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X