To Kill or Not...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Kill or Not...

Moved into our new place in November. Love It!!! However today we had our first scaled visitor. Pretty sure that is was a rat snake. Myself felt bad when I was asked/demanded to kill it. Decided to chase it out of the yard (knowing full well it will be back). My wife has sworn that she will never go into the yard again and that I loved the snake more than her.

So what would you do? My first thought is that I need to clean the grill out because that is probably where the rats/mice are. Second thought was getting some snake tongs so that I could relocate them. Or should I not feel so bad...
    Attached Files

Not!

Comment

A rat snake or a happy wife....to me the answer is pretty clear! Should whacked it and saved the headache!

Comment

I’d never kill a rat snake

Comment

Tell her it eats rats (and fib to her that it eats venomous snakes)

Comment

No, he's doing you a service. I bet if you find what he's feeding on and deal with that he'll move along.

Comment

Beat it to death with that garden hose while making hissing noises.

Comment

I wouldn't feel bad. Would have done like you and just shooed the snake along it's way.

Comment

I have several that hang out at my place I just run them off !

Comment

You did good. No reason to kill it.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                      Tell her it eats rats (and fib to her that it eats venomous snakes)
                      Yeah, except that she has already looked up everything about that snake and now has a doctorate in snakeology...

Comment

Rat snakes, racers, coachwhips, hog noses and Indigos are welcome at my house. Used to have a black racer that lived in between the brick exterior and the walls of my home. He would come in and out of the weep holes. My wife freaked but when I told her what he is doing in there she was like, oh well than leave it alone. He would also leave me his sheds by the backdoor.

Comment

Protect him

Comment

Next time relocate it where it won't come back. Don't just chase it away

Comment

Originally posted by Rusto 23 View Post
                              Yeah, except that she has already looked up everything about that snake and now has a doctorate in snakeology...
                              Well then she should know it's harmless and helping you guys out with rodent control .

Comment

Working...
                              X