No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fly fish for bream on the lake all the time.
    had a good friend take me to Broken Bow last fall and now I'm hooked on trout.

Comment

For salt I use either sage xi2 rods or orvis helios. I really love hatch fly reels but I have abel's and Ross reels for the salt as well. As always, by the best rod and line you can. You will start way ahead if you do that.

Comment

40 pounds. 1/2# off the IGFA 16# tippet class record. Oh well, try again....

Comment

67#...6# tippet class IGFA Worlds Record. 75 minute fight.....

Comment

Headed to beavers bend next month! Haven't fly fished in years. Love going to the little Mo and the white river in Arkansas. I can snatch crappie off a brush pile all day long and my wife won't wet a line. Put her in the water with em swimming around she will beat the water to a froth casting flies!!

Comment

Caught these on my parents place near Stonewall, CO. The north fork of the Platte River runs through their property.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                For salt I use either sage xi2 rods or orvis helios. I really love hatch fly reels but I have abel's and Ross reels for the salt as well. As always, by the best rod and line you can. You will start way ahead if you do that.
                Yeah, I knew better than to ask you, your budget is a little bigger than mine...nice stuff for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  Yeah, I knew better than to ask you, your budget is a little bigger than mine...nice stuff for sure.
                  Look on eBay. Lots of people buy saltwater fly rods and sell after one trip. Nautilus is another brand I really like in the salt. They have some models that aren't as bad price wise. Good thing is if you spend the extra money on a rod they likely come with a great warranty. I have broken a few and had them replaced for free. I like the older scotts and st croix as well. You can find those as well. If just starting I wouldn't pick a sage xi2 or xi3 first. They are so fast that I think the are harder to cast unless you have a fair amount of line out.

Comment

Have been fly fishing for over 50 years. It never gets old, but I do. (LoL)

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                      I have a couple of TFO TiCrX rods. If you like fast action rods, they're the ticket. Great for saltwater.

Comment

Look on eBay. Lots of people buy saltwater fly rods and sell after one trip. Nautilus is another brand I really like in the salt. They have some models that aren't as bad price wise. Good thing is if you spend the extra money on a rod they likely come with a great warranty. I have broken a few and had them replaced for free. I like the older scotts and st croix as well. You can find those as well. If just starting I wouldn't pick a sage xi2 or xi3 first. They are so fast that I think the are harder to cast unless you have a fair amount of line out.
                        Thanx for the info. I would need the warranty...Im rough on rods.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          I have a couple of TFO TiCrX rods. If you like fast action rods, they're the ticket. Great for saltwater.
                          Thanx Shane TFO equip seems to be biggest bang for your bucks.

Comment

Buddy closed a screen door on my sage xp 4 weight in creede one day. Got a new one. Broke an old orvis power matrix and it was replaced. A couple others have bit the dust and been replaced. I am a big fan of buying the best equipment possible. That includes bows, guns and rods.

Comment

Buddy closed a screen door on my sage xp 4 weight in creede one day. Got a new one. Broke an old orvis power matrix and it was replaced. A couple others have bit the dust and been replaced. I am a big fan of buying the best equipment possible. That includes bows, guns and rods.
                              Im with you. Get what you pay for.

Comment

I love my Sage and Loomis rods too, a couple of which I built myself on Sage and Loomis blanks. The TFOs that I have are every bit as nice, just imported and cheaper. I can't build a rod of the same quality for less money. I've not needed TFO's warranty service yet (knock on wood), so I can't comment on it. I did break a Sage rod that I wrapped myself. I sent it back, and they sent me a new blank. Great service.

Comment

Working...
                                X