Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 acre ranch build - raw land to paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happened to the updates?

Comment

ill be keeping up with this thread

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
          what happened to the updates?
          Sorry, bud! I've been busy with work and some bowhunting at another property here recently. :-)

The updates are going to pick up a lot of steam in November and December though!

Originally posted by dc1211 View Post
          Seeing any good deer out there? I hunt on the edge of Williamson and miliam
          I haven't seen any deer on my place yet, but I with the work I have planned, I expect them to be at my place in time for next year's season.

Originally posted by buzzberry View Post
          ill be keeping up with this thread
          Originally posted by bmactx67 View Post
          Looking good.
          Thanks, guys!

UPDATES:

1. Electricity is coming! I have met up with Heart of Texas Coop, and we're getting the location of my pole that will have the security light worked out. It's going to be right near the front gate, unsurprisingly.

Also, there will be one other pole at the back of the one acre box up front, that will have a 200amp meter loop on it. From there, I will have an electrician pull of that and make me a box with several receptables that can handle everything from RV hookups to some 110v's for extension cords to power small appliances.

2. Plans for water - My short term plan will involve getting two 275gallon water totes. I will bring one to the property empty, then fill a second one, bring it to the property on a flatbed, and pump the water into the empty one. It should be more than enough to take care of my camping water needs well through the winter season!

3. Hogs - Haven't shot one yet! Those M-F'ers show up every night except the nights I show up! I will be building a really nice big box blind for comfy late night hog hunting hoepfully next month, and will definitely provide great documentation of that build.

4. Gate - JACK71 build me an absolutely AMAZING gate, as per my previous pics. He and I have both been pretty busy lately, but I'm going to get the holes dug, pipes cemented in, and then we'll be good to go to hang that beauty!

5. Road base - I want to have road base laid down from the front entrance of the property all the way back to where the 30' easement opens up to the big main acreage, in addition to a loop in the front acre to make parking an RV or vehicles under the shade of the trees convenient. About 900' of road base in total. To do so at around 5" thick and ten feet wide is looking like it's going to cost me around $5500! Ouch! Hopefully I will be able to get that done around tax refund time. :-) :-)

6. Brush hog - I am still working on aligning times to make it out to the ranch of our awesome TBH compatriot Stan R, to pick up the brush hog he has so graciously allocated to me for my ranch needs. It shall happen soon!

7. Yaupon thickets - I was contemplating the idea of holding a weekend yaupon clearing party! My idea would be to round up some friends and/or TBH brothers, and make a weekend out of sawing down thickets and making them into burn piles, then having copious amounts of delicious grilled goodies, beer, and campfire shenanigans in the evenings. Would any of you be interested in such a thing?

Bruce, I hope these updates are to your satisfaction, brother!

Comment

following

Comment

Nice

Comment

Yahoo!!!! Just saw my first deer at the ranch!!! Nice young buck!

Comment

Hell yeah dude! Hope he bring some big boys with him!

Comment

Following. Hoping I can do this one day. Looks great!

Comment

The place looks great!

Comment

Updates!

1. I will be driving to the Cleveland area on Tuesday (tentatively) to pick up my gate, and hang out with JACK71 for the afternoon. I can't wait to see it hung!

2. I am about to start construction of what will be the primary box blind for the ranch. It's going to be a gorgeous 6x10 wood box blind with a vertical window in the front for bow shots, and horizontal rifle windows all around for the boomsticks. It will have ample room for two chairs, a military cot for taking naps, hooks for hanging binoculars and apparel, and a cooler for keeping your booze and snacks cold. It will literally be a little party shack that no occupant will want to leave, and can easily allow for an entire weekend spent in there in comfort. To top it off, the whole blind will sit on a 6' metal tower stand that my friend will be welding together for me, that will have a 3 foot deck on the back for taking a leak off the tower, LOL.

Stay tuned, pics will be coming before too long!

Comment

Oh, and this guy is now my #1 hog target....
                          Attached Files

Comment

Following this thread, too cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                              Updates!

1. I will be driving to the Cleveland area on Tuesday (tentatively) to pick up my gate, and hang out with JACK71 for the afternoon. I can't wait to see it hung!

2. I am about to start construction of what will be the primary box blind for the ranch. It's going to be a gorgeous 6x10 wood box blind with a vertical window in the front for bow shots, and horizontal rifle windows all around for the boomsticks. It will have ample room for two chairs, a military cot for taking naps, hooks for hanging binoculars and apparel, and a cooler for keeping your booze and snacks cold. It will literally be a little party shack that no occupant will want to leave, and can easily allow for an entire weekend spent in there in comfort. To top it off, the whole blind will sit on a 6' metal tower stand that my friend will be welding together for me, that will have a 3 foot deck on the back for taking a leak off the tower, LOL.

Stay tuned, pics will be coming before too long!
                              don't forget port-a-potty

Comment

Got all the materials for the floor! I think I'm at 500# already! Whew!!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X