Muzzle loaders....tell us all you know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
    What ever you do go 50 minimum. Don't do 45. If if done a 54 if I had found it
    Why? Never had any issues using my 45 or 50.

the 45 with a 90gr charge is more than a 45-70 which wiped out the Buffalo

Comment

If you want ease of cleaning, find one of the Savage muzzle loaders that can use smokeless powder

Comment

We aren't allowed sabots here so I prefer a 50 minimum. Personal preference I suppose, why carry a 9mm when you can carry a 45?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
          Buy stainless for easy cleaning.
          Buy a break over barrel, also for easy cleaning.
          Read and follow the instructions for safety.

I have a CVA and like it alot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
          Good advice!

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
            Traditional or bust!! Lyman Great Plains or TC Hawken.
            I love caplocks. Mine are not 200 yard guns but when using them I know that. I have both TC and Great Plain rifles. I have gotten pretty good deal on mine and they have been hardly shot.
            With your budget you could get a ton of powder,bullets and still find a pretty much new TC from gunbroker(or any other auction site) or a new Lyman Great Plains rifle. You can get the Lyman with a a 1:32 or 1:60. Just a thought for you.

Comment

I started out ML hunting with a Knight Disc rifle and later bought an a ML barrel for my Encore. I now use an Ultralight Arms smokeless muzzleloader.

In my opinion, the best bang for your buck is an Encore ML barrel (if you’re already an Encore owner).

Comment

if your not going to unload every evening leave the gun out in the ambiant temp.via cab of your truck this will keep the moisture from happening,going from warm cabin to cold outside cost me a nice buck my powder was damp and i misfired the cap did its job but that was it,good luck it is a blast,

Comment

I have a question about scopes for these...im leaning towards the fiber optic sights just to give it more of a challenge but if I were to go with a scope do they take a specific kind? I have an old scope I could throw on there but I keep seeing "muzzleloader scopes"

Comment

Comment

Try a real muzzle loader first, then if you don't like it, get an inline. T/C probably makes the best on the market in my opinion, especially without spending a good sum. I took this doe last winter with the CVA in the Pic. Patched Round ball will get the job done.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I wanted to try patch and all this year since I wasn't getting the accuracy I deemed appropriate. Found out I didn't have the twist for them. So I went to powerbelts

Comment

My set-up.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                              Try a real muzzle loader first, then if you don't like it, get an inline. T/C probably makes the best on the market in my opinion, especially without spending a good sum. I took this doe last winter with the CVA in the Pic. Patched Round ball will get the job done.
                              why do you say go traditional vs the inline? just curious as to what the advantages/disadvantages are for each. What should I look for in a traditional? I see them from $300-1200

Comment

Anyone ever use one of those build kits?

Comment

Working...
                                X