Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And THAT was my first post. Yay me!

Comment

I guess it depends on what you buy. I bought a savage axis 2 7mm-08 today for 229. Have not seen it that cheap anywhere. Even buds gun shop is 279

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
        Yup. Looked at an Smith & Wesson m&p AR that was 25%!or 30% off and it was 1199 marked down to 899. Tomball pawn had the same gun for 679 brand new..... told the guy behind the counter and said no wonder you guys are going out of business. He just kinda shrugged like yep....

I do think their false advertising is total BS!!!!! Should be illegal to mark something up just to give it a higher discount and bring it back to original price. I've always hated shopping in Gander and I'm happy to see them go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        PASS (people are seriously stupid)

Ever been to Kohl's? Try to find something in that store that's NOT on sale. I read an article a while back where Target was not doing great. Target refused to mark up and put "sale" prices on everything. After a couple years of fighting it Target issued a PR stating that's what people want so they would start doing it also. Now HEB is in on the game as well.

Comment

I bought some Blazer shrink wraps for arrows, great Price $6 for 6, I was pumped. Got home, got them on my arrows. Shot them and the vanes blew off in flight. I Checked the rest and they just pulled off in my hand. got what I paid for, no returns.

Comment

Yup o went the other day. Almost picked up a little propane smoker marked 40% off. Price was around 89.00 after Mark down.

So I did a quick Google for reviews. Found same smoker at Home Depot for 59.00 lol.

I laughed and walked right out.

Good riddns Gander..

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
              Yup o went the other day. Almost picked up a little propane smoker marked 40% off. Price was around 89.00 after Mark down.

So I did a quick Google for reviews. Found same smoker at Home Depot for 59.00 lol.

I laughed and walked right out.

Good riddns Gander..
              And that's why they've gone down. Too easy to price check on the spot nowadays.

Comment

I think it must just be the guns that are having this issue. I bought a pair a Danner boots for $89 (reg $200), a seat cover for my hunting truck for $19 (reg $59) and lots of small items, for my rifle & bow... all at good prices. Hell I even bought a bunch of thermocell refills at 30% off.

Comment

i agree with y'all on most of it however i did get a hr 300 ozonics which retails at $500 for $160, maybe i just got lucky, hopefully it isn't a lemon

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy97 View Post
                    I think it must just be the guns that are having this issue. I bought a pair a Danner boots for $89 (reg $200), a seat cover for my hunting truck for $19 (reg $59) and lots of small items, for my rifle & bow... all at good prices. Hell I even bought a bunch of thermocell refills at 30% off.
                    I don't know. I picked up a Tikka T3X Hunter at the Gander in Tyler the other day for $460. Look anywhere and they are $749. Also picked up a Hornady Lock-N-Load Classic reloading kit for $150. Bought three sets of dies for $40.

There are some deals to be had. Just got to look and be patient.

Comment

And take items to the register to get the actual price. Got an "$80" ghillie suit for $12, and it was marked 40% off.

The cashiers have even told me to disregard all the signs in the store. The prices are changing faster than they can slap stickers on everything... both down and up.
                      Last edited by LakeJake; 08-12-2017, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Erked me last week to see a sig 226 "marked down" to $850 with the retail price marked up to almost $1200. The more I looked around the happier I was to think that they're going out of business! When I worked there they said the owner also owned a baseball team, but can't remember which one. I can tell you this, it wasn't one with a winning record. Amazing how people with zero business sense can survive so long without ending up under a bridge.

Comment

A month or so back I picked up a Mr Buddy heater cheaper than I could find online.

Only thing I've ever bought from Gander...

Comment

I got some really good deals on camo.

Comment

I made a pass to the one in College Station the other day and found nothing that I wanted to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 96 View Post
                                Actually, it is illegal but the state never polices it, so retailers get away with it all the time.
                                They should close that store down for doing this....

Comment

Working...
                                X