Rv owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
    It ain't about what it is rated to pull.... it's about what it's rated to CARRY...

A 10K bumper pull trailer will have north of 1000 pounds of tongue weight...

And 40' of trailer behind a 1/2 ton will beat you to death...

BTW... Park Model trailers are not designed to be towed regularly..... hence the name PARK MODEL...
    Yeah it was intended to be parked and moved once a year. But we found another deal on a 30' now.

Comment

I pulled my 36ft park model from Canton to Vernon with my 07 GMC with the 5.3......once. 4mpg and 45 mph was all i could do.

Comment

Absolutely not. I pulled a 37 ft bumper pull back when i had my 6.0 (insert 6.0 jokes here) and it was a beating... that was with a one ton dually that was bad a! I'd find a buddy, or use this as a good excuse for a new ride.

Comment

I have a 36' gross weight 10600. My F150 pulls it and it is rated at 11200 pounds. The power is there and I could pull it 75 mph if I wanted to. But it is right at its load capacity, and it feels very mushy. I take it slow and I have my eye on a new power stoke that I will have before I tow this thing all over the place. I think if you just pulled it a few times and short distance it would be ok if it is in the trucks specs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

It's the strain on your transmission that you don't see but will soon find out about. It's good that you're looking at something shorter but even a 32' will give you grief in certain conditions. I pull a 30' bumper pull with my half ton Tundra but only a few times a year. That Tundra is a big ****** truck but I'm afraid of what I'm doing to my tranny when I pull the big beast of a trailer.

Hope to sell it later this year and get something around 18-20'. That would be awesome.

Comment

Check out Bakken Oilfield Fail of the Day on Facebook for more silly things like this!AS you can see in the video, this guy is an idiot at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Laner7 View Post
                The guy at the rv place told me to put a equalizer hitch on it and it would be good to go. Would that help it?
                Absolutely not. He's an idiot.

Ask him what they used to deliver it.

Spoiler alert -- The answer is at least a dually one ton.

Comment

Back tire blows out hold on tight

Comment

The guy at the rv place told me to put a equalizer hitch on it and it would be good to go. Would that help it?
                    That's a salesman trying to make a sale. No way in hades I would pull a 40' bumper pull. Mine is 34' actual length, I pull it with a Ram half ton. But it is an ultra lite, only weighing about 6500 empty. I wouldn't want to pull much more.

Comment

We have an opportunity to buy a nice 40ft bumper pull trailer for a good deal. The problem is that all the trucks we own are half tons. It will be pulled mostly by our 2016 1500 gmc and it does have a tow package. I think the trailer weighed in around 10,000lbs. Can This truck handle it?
                      With a rig that big you better trade one of the 1/2 tons off on a 1 ton dually

Comment

Not a chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've not read all of the posts on this thread, bit it looks like most folks are pointing you in the right direction. The is NO WAY I'd pull a 40' trailer with a 1/2 ton truck. The truck cannot handle that in any aspect. Engine, transmission, suspension, and breaks are all nothe even close to enough for that trailer. I had a 31' trailer that weighed 800 lbs less than my truck'so towing capacity. Even with a weight distribution hitch properly installed, it was near enough truck. The tongue weight alone will likely squat your truck to the stops.

Comment

Check your towing specs but you can do that with the weight distribution hitch and a electronic brake controller. I do it with an F-150 and a tow package.

Comment

Working...
                            X