Pool excavation Tomball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
    I believe the original thread was asking if anyone had a contact for a pool excavator. No, I'm sure it was. You've regurgitated your opinion enough. I'll be sure to follow up with what takes place. Pics and numbers when it's done. I've gotten two more quotes from builders since starting this thread. $73 and $77k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well good luck to you, i believe your post number 6 said 30 K in savings, if you can do that then you could make a fortune in the pool business. I hope it all goes well for you.

Comment

We tried to go straight to the contractor for resurfacing our pool. Price was higher than going through a pool builder using the same contractor.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
        We tried to go straight to the contractor for resurfacing our pool. Price was higher than going through a pool builder using the same contractor.
        Imagine that

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post

Did you shop around for other contractors?

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
            Did you shop around for other contractors?

2 of the 3 that are certified.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
              Well good luck to you, i believe your post number 6 said 30 K in savings, if you can do that then you could make a fortune in the pool business. I hope it all goes well for you.

Lol, he did. That is why I laughed. I have been in business since 81', owner since 92'. I wish you the best of luck on your build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Moving forward pretty soon. Waiting on the hoa to approve my plans. I've got quotes from excavation, rebar, gunite, and plaster. Meeting with the plumber/elec tomorrow.

Comment

Are you going to put a Cowboys Star in the bottom of the pool?
                  You're welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                    Are you going to put a Cowboys Star in the bottom of the pool?
                    You're welcome!!!

You know, I just might!!! Thanks for that idea, hadn't thought about it

Comment

Bringing this back up!

Got HOA approval. We're digging next Saturday. I'll post pics and add that the numbers are crazy. A lot has taken place. Pm me if interested and thanks to the guys who offered help. A dream has come a reality!

Comment

post pics.

and the numbers.

Comment

Good luck with the build.

Comment

Our last house had a pool that was built by the homeowner. As far as how it was built, I couldn't tell any difference in quality than any other pool. It was 15yrs old, and although the repairs were becoming more frequent, it was still in great condition.

When we went to build our pool at our new house, we learned a lot. For me, and my own personal risk tolerance, the pool builder provides several key things:

1. Leverage with the subs. Yes, the builder is charging a markup, but the volume of work they provide to their subs gives them leverage in making sure the sub does the job right and stands behind their work. As a single project builder, the sub only stands to lose one job with your project. But if they mess up and lose work from a builder, that could cause them to go out of business.

2. Coordination and timing. Builders have control over the jobs their subs have and the order they do them. As a single project, you get fit in, and the timing between stages won't necessarily be as seamless.

You can certainly do it yourself, just be meticulous in selecting your subs. Require proof of insurance from each sub, use a written contract for each sub, and demand a written release of lien upon payment. You might consider writing a contract template for each sub that addresses these things, and use their project scope as an attachment to the contract.

Good luck with it! I did a live build post last year that will give you an idea of the steps, timing, and equipment. Glad to help with questions if you need.

Comment

Following. Not in the market for another concrete pond, but am looking forward to the math.

Comment

A family friend of ours did this. No problems but they don't have much land so they had to pay to remove the dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X