Cmon Academy ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
    That said, the particular case of the Academy manager -- I believe -- should have been handled as a case-by-case situation in his favor for securing the greater good of the public, above and beyond store policy. Most policy is written to say that so-and-so MAY lead to termination, not that it SHALL require termination.

Yep that is my complaint. I understand the policy and understand he would be reprimanded. But in this case termination was way beyond what should have happened. Looking at all the online chatter I'm sure Academy wishes they had handled it different. Heck the manager that was fired still wants to go back to work for Academy.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
      There you go. That's the issue: employee life and safety is more important than merchandise. As far as guns, someone mentioned tightening firearm handling policy to require a driver's license exchanged before handing over a weapon, which would also be trigger-locked.

As a 20+year employee of Home Depot, I can tell you that thieves have gotten more and more brazen. We put things like generators in the overhead to prevent grab-and-go thefts. But it's hard to secure everything when so many are inclined to steal. Remember, that many of these folks are addicts and not stable individuals. Sales associates are not armed, trained or ex-Marines, for the most part, so policy needs to protect people over merchandise, while trying to safeguard the product as well as possible.

That said, the particular case of the Academy manager -- I believe -- should have been handled as a case-by-case situation in his favor for securing the greater good of the public, above and beyond store policy. Most policy is written to say that so-and-so MAY lead to termination, not that it SHALL require termination.
      The Home Depot robbery i saw yesterday was at 1:00 PM. Full parking lot.

Comment

I've heard Wallyworld has the same policy

Comment

Well Academy did the right thing and hired the guy back.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike M View Post
            Well Academy did the right thing and hired the guy back.
            Lawsuits go both ways. We live in a frivolous world.

Comment

Looks like Academy made it right. Good deal.

Comment

Glad to see the correction from the top in this case.

Comment

Yep. Manager has been rehired.

Comment

Working...
                  X