No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played in Beaumont this weekend. We ended up winning the pool games and 1 and done on Sunday. I’m convinced if your not from Beaumont your not going to get the calls that’s for sure. Sure does not look good when the umpires in Beaumont knows everyone on certain teams and their families just saying.

Comment

won 3 straight games without giving up a single run.. then the wheels fell off ....played a good team that we know we can beat on any given day...but they hit and we didnt..
      And when i say they hit.. they dropped them perfectly- over and over...no matter what adjustments were made.. hats off.
      Boys were dejected, but they played pretty awesome all weekend.
      Couldnt be prouder of how they handled themselves.

My boy had a pretty good weekend, hit well, ran the fastest ive ever seen him run..and made a sports illustrated diving catch with a somersault landing that was pretty cool to watch.

Comment

Awesome ! Glad to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
          Awesome ! Glad to hear it.
          And the fire pic was a meme I think... the fields were decent, sticky mud but not too wet. But that wind up there was harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
            Played in Beaumont this weekend. We ended up winning the pool games and 1 and done on Sunday. I’m convinced if your not from Beaumont your not going to get the calls that’s for sure. Sure does not look good when the umpires in Beaumont knows everyone on certain teams and their families just saying.
            I ditto your feelings.
            And Lord help you if you get the old guy that leans on the backstop and plays on his phone the whole game and at some points..falls asleep.
            not a fan of Ford fields

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
              We've had the exact same experience there. Won't hurt my feelings if we never go back. Lol We played a Houston select tournament at premier last weekend. It was a different format with 4 pool games and the top 3 teams going to bracket. We had a rough 1-3 weekend, but I couldn't imagine playing or trying to throw strikes in that horrible weather! It was brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                I ditto your feelings.
                And Lord help you if you get the old guy that leans on the backstop and plays on his phone the whole game and at some points..falls asleep.
                not a fan of Ford fields
                Lmao we have that guy at the Triple Creek Complex up here. Old limping sucker looking at his phone sitting in a chair!
                Last edited by jshouse; 02-19-2018, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Our 14U played their 1st tournament of the year. It was the USSSA Gold Glove Showdown in Deer Park. Only ended up with 6 total teams. The boys definitely struggled to get back into the swing of things but ended up winning it all by going 4-0 scoring 20 runs and allowing 7. On another note please have your boys wear their cup no matter how much they complain. My boy took one straight to the cup off a really hot Cat 6 while pitching that split his cup from top to bottom but luckily was the extent of the damage. It can happen very quickly at any age.

Comment

It's not looking good for weekend, and I found out that oak grove didn't turf every field like I thought, only the 50/70 and larger ones, so our smaller fields most likely won't be playable.

But they put the brackets out and we lucked out and drew the bombers for the first game of the season. The team that has been either #1 or #2 in the country in utrip standings the last 2 years, and who currently have 21 kids on their roster

We've played them close a time or 2 and they've spanked us a time or 2, it'll be a good chance to see how our new additions improved the team.

Rain rain go away...

Comment

Good luck.... we're off this weekend...which is good..because a few of the boys including mine have the flu...

Comment

I saw a debate about schedules going on fb. I have no idea why anyone would put up schedules / games for this weekend. I dont see how it makes sense at all. Especially for the younger ages where there is no chance of playing on any field.

I dont really mind having the best team or even bringing in players, but 21 on a roster?

Ouch, hope yall get to feeling better. This weather is definitely doing a number on the bodies I believe with the drastic temp changes.

Comment

I saw a debate about schedules going on fb. I have no idea why anyone would put up schedules / games for this weekend. I dont see how it makes sense at all. Especially for the younger ages where there is no chance of playing on any field.

I dont really mind having the best team or even bringing in players, but 21 on a roster?

Ouch, hope yall get to feeling better. This weather is definitely doing a number on the bodies I believe with the drastic temp changes.
                          i agree on the rosters, especially when you are playing majors i dont think you can complain about the kids on another team at all, you should expect to play the best competition no matter where they are from. what they will do though is add 3-4 of the majors players to their AAA team for tournaments here and there which is kind of skecthy IMO.

we know a kid that was going to play for bombers this season, according to them, they are told that they will have 15 kids on saturdays and 18 kids on sundays, some kids will only be courtesy runners. they are looking for a new team right now

i just dont get the appeal as a parent of putting your kid on a team with 20 kids on the roster, knowing playing time will be always be an issue and new kids coming in on sundays or for big tournaments will get priority...

Comment

the guy that started that thread is one of the new families on our team, his son is a great kid. i think the dad is still in basketball mode and not ready to spend the weekends in the cold thats our basketball team he posted a pic of.

Comment

Absolutely agree - I want my kiddo playing against the best.

I just dont understand the appeal of being the 13-20th guy on that type of roster when you could probably put together a great team to compete with the team you're sitting on, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                                the guy that started that thread is one of the new families on our team, his son is a great kid. i think the dad is still in basketball mode and not ready to spend the weekends in the cold thats our basketball team he posted a pic of.
                                Haha - Awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X