Arrow selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow selection

What arrows and broad heads would y'all sugest using with a 55 pound bear grizzly bow? Does anybody still use wooden arrows?

Thanks

I would say Easton axis arrows spikes to your bow and a grizzlystik single bevel 2 blade... I wouldn't use wooden arrows because of inconsistency

Comment

Also I'm assuming feathers would be better than veins right? Helical or straight?
      Last edited by Etxnoodler; 12-30-2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack S. View Post
        I would say Easton axis arrows spikes to your bow and a grizzlystik single bevel 2 blade... I wouldn't use wooden arrows because of inconsistency

You've obviously never met Jeffro.
        A good matched set of woods can almost hold their own with carbons, probably close enough that most archers couldn't tell the difference.

Straight or helical will work but most of us use some degree of helical and feathers are preferred by most.

Comment

If you plan on shooting broadheads helical is a must. Feathers are way easier to tune. Matched wood shafts fly like a dream. Nothing more beautiful than the flight of tuned wood arrow.

Comment

Sorry for all of the questions, but for those that use them where do y'all buy your wooden arrows? What broadheads do you use on them? Willing to go either way on the arrows but like the idea of using wood

Comment

10 again arrows
              contact Jeffro on here.

Plenty of good broadheads out there, I prefer 2 blade but that's me.
              Eclipse, Ace, Old Razorheads, there's plenty to choose from that are easy to sharpen and won't break the bank.

I will say that as a new archer woods may not be your best friend. You'll likely have misses that don't find your target and woods are no where near as durable as carbons are when hard obstacles block the path of an errant arrow.

Please do get some woods also but I'd suggest carbons to learn with, it'll be cheaper in the long run.

Comment

Aluminum is an option too, which I prefer. Currently using 2114 autumn oranges for 55# @ 28 but have also used 2016 & 2018. Just some suggestions that have worked for me, perhaps some smarter guys will chime in with other aluminum options.

I also like a two blade....Magnus Stinger work fine for me.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Easton Axis traditional, feathers, Simmons Sharks.

Comment

I've got an old 60lb Griz that I sling 32" Carbon Express 250's with. They fly well with a pile of weight up front. A 2 blade cut on contact single bevel broadhead will do you well if you match the bevel to the twist of the fletchings. I've not shot wood yet but hope to do so one day when the occasional "oops" of an errant shot doesn't happen as often.

God bless and happy hunting.
                      Richard.

Comment

Ok so if I go with a Easton axis traditional arrow. What weight fieldpoints/ broadheads would y'all sugest? I would like to eventualy kill bear and elk sized animals with it. It seems like when I see traditional setups on here they are usually a lot more than 125 grain heads.?

Comment

Working...
                        X