No announcement yet.

Bow for my 5 year old son?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a Diamond (compound) kids bow for my five year old, but she was too small for it. Fortunately, a fellow TBH member made one for her. It's a small long bow, and she does very well with it. PM me for more details if interested.

Comment

I started with the Diamond Razor Edge. Great bow to start with I got it when I was a little older than him and used it until I was 16 it can grow with you. Killed three deer with it. Now have a Matthews Z3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a Bear Lil Brave recurve on camofire for $29.99

Comment

Diamond Atomic all the way, my son is almost 8 and has had his for 2yrs. My 5yr old daughter can shoot it also. If I had it all to do again I may have also gotten a Diamond Infinite Edge but that was a bit too heavy for him at the time.

Comment

Atomic. Here's my son at 5 shooting his. He's 10 now and still shoots it. The atomic is the same bow, but went to solid limb rather than split.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

All three of mine shot a Martin Prodigy recurve.
              I made the arrows for it from 1/4" dowel rods. The other arrow components came from Three Rivers Archery.

Comment

Black Rhino has a big selection of youth longbows and accessories.

Comment

The diamond atomic gets my vote

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                    Black Rhino has a big selection of youth longbows and accessories.
                    Black rhino is great for a young archer, I bought my son his first longbow from them when he was a little over two. Have used the trade-in program for two different bows since then (he's now 6).

A traditional bow is great for a kid wanting to get into archery, no sights/release/etc for them to monkey with. Just teach them some basic safety rules and let them have fun, I'm continually amazed at how quickly a child can get the hang of shooting instinctively with only minimal instruction. Keep it fun with balloons to pop and other little games and you'll hook him for life!

Comment

I've got a Parker Buckshot that I bought for my daughter. It has three sets of limbs. 20-30, 30-40, and 40-50. Has a whisker biscuit rest and sight. It mint condition. I've been meaning to put it on eBay, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I have family in Emory, Fruitvale, and Quitman and will be heading that way soon to visit. Will be coming from south of San Antonio.
                      If anybody is interested. Great bow for a youngster as it will last them from the 20 pound range up until the 50 pound setting. Emily killed javelina and her first deer with it, she just outgrew it.

Comment

Originally posted by bushwacker361 View Post
                        I've got a Parker Buckshot that I bought for my daughter. It has three sets of limbs. 20-30, 30-40, and 40-50. Has a whisker biscuit rest and sight. It mint condition. I've been meaning to put it on eBay, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I have family in Emory, Fruitvale, and Quitman and will be heading that way soon to visit. Will be coming from south of San Antonio.
                        If anybody is interested. Great bow for a youngster as it will last them from the 20 pound range up until the 50 pound setting. Emily killed javelina and her first deer with it, she just outgrew it.
                        How much are you asking for it ?

Comment

Working...
                        X