No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome pics. I got "hooked" on flys on the middle fork of the salmon river. Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by one2bowhunt View Post
      I don't know why but I love to fly fish but have no interest in tying my own flys. I have several friends that do so I just go hang out at their house
      I have you a fresh batch of wooley buggars Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
        That is one of my main goals this year. Get in the salt more with my fly rod.
        I'm learning a new area in Trinity bay, and I think I've found a flat I can fly fish to tailing reds. Just need the weather and my schedule to cooperate.
        Lets go!!

Comment

My buddy Steve Soule is giving lessons and a seminar this weekend.

Comment

Nolan creek

Caught some stickers and a few bass today at Nolan creek in Belton.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	24363009

Comment

My favorite thing to do besides bowhunting. Just got back from the White River in Arkansas. Here are a few pics.

[IMG][/IMG]
              [IMG][/IMG]
              [IMG][/IMG]
              [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Nice

Those are some awesome pics

Comment

nice cutt man

Comment

Me too

Comment

Comment

And passing on the tradidition

Comment

Fished the blue river yesterday with my dad. Not crowded at all but the fishing was slow. Still a great day with a mixed bag of fish

Comment

Still catching some stocked rainbow in Belton creek. About ten a trip and some sunfish and bass as well. About to go chase some white bass.

Comment

I only FF but not very actively in the last few years. I go to Broken Bow because it's close. But I prefer heading out to the Rockies. I just retired two weeks ago so I am looking forward to having the time to pick up the sport more seriously now.

Comment

Most Recent Blog posting , Sabine River Sandbass

The only body of water in Texas that was known to hold white bass prior to 1932 was Caddo Lake. Texas Parks and Wildlife teamed up with the Oyster Commission and transplanted 13 brood fish from Caddo Lake into old Lake Dallas which is now Lake Lewisville. By 1938 the following lakes were stocked with white bass: Kemp, Buchanan, Medina, Eagle Mountain, Waco and Wichita. Today there hardly isn't a body of water across Texas that doesn't have white bass found in it.

The Sabine River has a reputation for producing one of the best runs of white bass the state can offer. You see beginning in late winter and early spring white bass leave Toledo Bend and run up the Sabine to spawn. Toledo Bend Reservoir is 185,000 acre and is the fifth largest man made reservoir in the United States. Toledo Bend is pretty much an inland sea and has an incredible amount of biomass that helps these fish grow to Texas size proportions. White bass also known as sandbass or sandies can grow to 10 inches or better in one growing season within Toledo Bend. The current state record white bass on a fly rod is 3.36lbs and I can guarantee there are plenty of white bass that will break this record in the Sabine River.

Continue Reading Here

Fish of the trip;
                                2lb 12 oz White Bass

Comment

Working...
                                X