No more vehicle inspections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    Yep and not having insurance doesn't stop anyone from driving. They need to tow every car that doesn't have insurance and leave the folks walking.

Amen. My SIL has been hit (small fender benders) by 2 people this year already with no insurance. Guess who picked up that bill?
    Or whoever hits someone else should had the guts to get out and say, Dang bro (or mam) sorry bout that one. How much is this gonna cost me???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
      Where is Smart's Eddie Murphy gif when you need it?

Why don't you drive around without all of the things you mentioned?

Maybe make a live thread out of it and take us all the way to the judgement of the court?

Pretty sure you have to have a license, insurance, inspection and registration currently

Matter of fact, I doubt you can get 3 of the above without the 4th

They ask me for insurance when I got inspection, registration and I think license renewal

Maybe I should make the thread. Alittle history for ya.

In the U.S., the law that governs motor vehicles is the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

But according to the Constitution;

Freedom of movement under United States law is governed primarily by the Privileges and Immunities Clause of the United States Constitution which states, "The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.
      Case #1: "The use of the highway for the purpose of travel and transportation is not a mere privilege, but a common fundamental right of which the public and individuals cannot rightfully be deprived." Chicago Motor Coach v. Chicago, 169 NE 221.

Case #2: "The right of the citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, either by carriage or by automobile, is not a mere privilege which a city may prohibit or permit at will, but a common law right which he has under the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Thompson v. Smith, 154 SE 579.

Case #3: "The right to travel is a part of the liberty of which the citizen cannot be deprived without due process of law under the Fifth Amendment." Kent v. Dulles, 357 US 116, 125.

Case #4: "The right to travel is a well-established common right that does not owe its existence to the federal government. It is recognized by the courts as a natural right." Schactman v. Dulles 96 App DC 287, 225 F2d 938, at 941.

So, are you allowed to travel in a motor vehicle in the U.S. without a driver's license?

Comment

https://wearechange.org/u-s-supreme-...ghwaysstreets/.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
            Whoa! We getting our rights back! What a step forward. According to the constitution, as long as you are traveling while on personal business, you do not have to have a drivers license, insurance, registration, or an inspection. If you use the highways for conducting business then you do!

mind quoting the constitution on this ?

Comment

So you are saying Texas has it right, but states with no inspection like even California & Florida are wrong??

I see no logic in your argument...has nothing to do with DL or any other crap you posted.

In the U.S., the law that governs motor vehicles is the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

Freedom of movement under United States law is governed primarily by the Privileges and Immunities Clause of the United States Constitution which states, "The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.
              Case #1: "The use of the highway for the purpose of travel and transportation is not a mere privilege, but a common fundamental right of which the public and individuals cannot rightfully be deprived." Chicago Motor Coach v. Chicago, 169 NE 221.

Case #2: "The right of the citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, either by carriage or by automobile, is not a mere privilege which a city may prohibit or permit at will, but a common law right which he has under the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Thompson v. Smith, 154 SE 579.

Case #3: "The right to travel is a part of the liberty of which the citizen cannot be deprived without due process of law under the Fifth Amendment." Kent v. Dulles, 357 US 116, 125.

Case #4: "The right to travel is a well-established common right that does not owe its existence to the federal government. It is recognized by the courts as a natural right." Schactman v. Dulles 96 App DC 287, 225 F2d 938, at 941.

So, are you allowed to travel in a motor vehicle in the U.S. without a driver's license?

Comment

yes, you may travel,, but only as a passenger the driver needs a license, and that should never be changed,,, and driving without one should be jail or if your a illegal alien, deportation.... i have seen way to many people killed on the roads by people with no, expired or suspended licenses, and more than a few by illegal aliens driving and no freaking clue how to do it

Comment

So what about all the money we've had to blow on this crap for all these years??
                  It's been a total sham all along.
                  What a total cluster fork..

Comment

Anyone know when we're expected to find out?

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      So you are saying Texas has it right, but states with no inspection like even California & Florida are wrong??

I see no logic in your argument...has nothing to do with DL or any other crap you posted.

Yes I'm saying Texas is right, California is right, Florida is right and every other state that passes laws that follow the guidelines of our constitution, or does away with laws that do not follow the guidelines of our constitution is doing right by me but that is just my own opinion. We are all entitled to it own.

Comment

You do realize that all that you just posted is nonsensical gibberish. You apparently have been reading websites where they take a 16 page Supreme Court decision and take one or two paragraphs from it out of context.

Nahhhh, you probably don't.......

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          So what about all the money we've had to blow on this crap for all these years??
                          It's been a total sham all along.
                          What a total cluster fork..
                          And if you believe all of that nonsense, I just acquired Mount Rushmore but am willing to sell it to you for a great price.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                            Anyone know when we're expected to find out?
                            The session ends in a little over 3 weeks.

Comment

After traveling to sates that do not require vehicle inspections, I think it's a good thing. You ought to see some of the crap running around. Went to Illinois once. Guy had a pickup with completely slick tires, fenders flapping and to turn on the head lights he turned the switch on, got out and kicked the fender to get them to turn on. All perfectly legal. No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                                After traveling to sates that do not require vehicle inspections, I think it's a good thing. You ought to see some of the crap running around. Went to Illinois once. Guy had a pickup with completely slick tires, fenders flapping and to turn on the head lights he turned the switch on, got out and kicked the fender to get them to turn on. All perfectly legal. No thanks.
                                I don't think any amount of legislation will keep it all off the road, but I guess if it keeps a few off it could be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X