No announcement yet.

Let's talk Prostate Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ain’t worried about ya. You’re too much man for that sissy disease.

Comment

Randy I have a Dr Garca that said he will do your exams free and often.

Prayers up and look forward to next time I get to hug you in person.

Comment

im praying for you brother! And, thanks for the good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
          Round to for myself. Had mine removed all is good for 15 years. Started inching up. Have had the chest and Pelvic scans, tomorrow for the bone scan. The 26th of Nov. meeting with the Doc. They have come light years from 15 years ago. You can not go wrong with MD Anderson.
          As quoted don't screw around and not get your PSA checked, everyone has it its just when will it come active. Family history
          Wow, so you are a member of the brotherhood! I'm glad you were keeping check on yours after 15 years. I seriously had not had mine checked again in probably 15-16 years and told my previous primary care doctor, the he could forget the PSA on the bloodwork...boy was I wrong!

You are correct. They have progressed immensley in the last 20 years. I had a CT scan, bone scan, MRI, and a new type of scan specific for prostate cancer called AXUMIN...more thorough for checking to see if it has spread.

Good luck to you. Keep me posted.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post

Thanks for the kind offer, but there will be NO injections from your Dr. Garca!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post

I heard Dr. Garca comes highly recommended!

Me and Julie are praying for you too! We need to get the group together soon, tuna trip or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Prayers up Burnadell! KCA! We need you around this joint to keep folks in line!
                Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                I ain’t worried about ya. You’re too much man for that sissy disease.
                Yep, I ain't going anywhere. It's mighty hard to kill a weed!!!

Comment

Dang Randy, as I read your story, it exactly the same thing I went through 16 years ago at age 54. I too had the radical prostectamy with no chemo or radiation as it was contained. I still get my PSA yearly and all is still good, but I do know that dreaded disease can come back at any time. So sorry you’re having to go through this again. Best of luck beating it again.

Comment

Dang Randy!!! Prayers and love sent

Comment

Prayers up Randy. KCA!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Prayers Randy!

Comment

Prayers up Randy. KCA!

Comment

Prayers up for all of y'all.

Comment

Thanks for bringing this to light Randy. PC and colon cancer are the two biggest killers of males besides heart disease. And both can be contained and stopped if caught in time. I watched a friend of mine battle it for 11 years. He had a lot of experimental treatments at the time. But seeding was just a couple more years away when he lost his battle through the spread of it.

I'll be praying for you my friend! And thanks for the reminder. I will ask my doc to have my blood work checked the next time I go in.

Comment

Randy, sure am sorry you have to go thru this!! Thank you for thinking of your TBH brethren... and especially all your GOF brothers!! You hang in there and do what your care team tells you! The Lord ain't done with you yet!

Lord, we come to You tonight in prayer asking for healing for our brother Randy. Remove this cancer from his body Lord. You know his heart Lord, and You know his work is not done. Give him more years Lord just like you did Hezekiah those many years ago that he was able to complete his work for Israel and You. Use his care givers to do Your work Lord, that he may be healed. Guide their hands and technology to its completion. Comfort Randy and his family that they may know that You are God. Give them all the peace of knowing that You know every cell of this man and how to bring about healing. Guide Randy and his team and direct them that they may bring Glory to You Lord, for it is in the name of Jesus our Savior we pray, Amen..

Keep us posted brother. Love ya man and look forward to seeing you at Bownanza '19!

Comment

Working...
                                X