Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the pigs have figured out there’s a boogeyman lurking around the area at night that they can’t see. Gonna give Han’s bait recipe a shot with this first 40# batch I made. How he makes it is on his YouTube channel and they talked about it on the late night vision show podcast [emoji6]b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
      So the pigs have figured out there’s a boogeyman lurking around the area at night that they can’t see. Gonna give Han’s bait recipe a shot with this first 40# batch I made. How he makes it is on his YouTube channel and they talked about it on the late night vision show podcast [emoji6]b

Let us know how it goes

Comment

Jason and Hans, I finally got a chance to listen to the late night vision show. Good stuff guys, please keep making more! I know it takes more time and effort than most realize. I just subscribed.

Comment

Great father's day video Hans, I love it! That's definitely one of my favorites.

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
          Oh man, using Hans' secrete recipe! Better watch out, you'll be drawing every hog in the county over there!

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
            Great father's day video Hans, I love it! That's definitely one of my favorites.

Oh man, using Hans' secrete recipe! Better watch out, you'll be drawing every hog in the county over there!

Jason

With this rain we’re getting I’ve got the perfect kill zone picked out, even sharpened the post hole diggers

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
              Jason and Hans, I finally got a chance to listen to the late night vision show. Good stuff guys, please keep making more! I know it takes more time and effort than most realize. I just subscribed.
              Thank you VERY much! Everyone's encouragement has really helped us push on. It's nice to know that people are listening and hopefully enjoying the show. We just released a new episode last Thursday and it's our review and discussion of the Pulsar Core RXQ30V. Hans's video is great but we go into a lot of details in our podcast and both give our 2 cents in a more informal setting.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                What's you thought on the Full Boar Ammo?
                I really like it...it's not cheap though. I've used it in the .223 and .308 and it's always performed well. Just wished I had a less expensive option in Hornady.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                  Pretty cool taking your daughter with you. Looked like a couple of footballs shot out of that bait hole in the first video.

Thanks for watching bud! She's a ham and pretty goofy so being on camera was easy for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post

Thank you so much for listening.. We'll keep at it!

Comment

Good Luck with that hog bait! Let me know how it works for you...

Comment

Yea it’s percolating nicely as we speak, glad I sealed it good with a heavy stump on the lid

Here’s a interesting article from the Texas Wildlife association

Last edited by Russ81; 06-18-2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Y’all started the podcasts just before we left for our vacation in Alaska and I’ve been busy since so Friday when we headed to the farm, I started catching up on the podcasts. Hans, our farm is about 20-30 minutes north of Jason.

Great content guys. Keep it up. I may save them for trips to the farm as it definitely helped the drive go quicker.

Your comments on the Pulsar Core RXQ30V are dead on. It’s a great monocular/backup scope for when someone comes to hunt with me. I have a step-son and son-in-law with AR’s and the Core has settings for 3 guns so we can have use the same scope on 3 separate rifles with a quick adjustment, no need to sight it in every time. The only thing I would have done different on that scope was provide the option for internal rechargeable batteries. When I’m using it as a monocular I’d rather not have an external battery pack.

It’s been dry the last few time at the farm so no action in the fields. I plan to mix up some of Hans recipe to see if that will pull the hogs out of the bottoms. I’m usually only there two days at a time so I haven’t figured out how to mix it and let it ferment for a few days before using and I don’t think the wife will let me mix it in Houston and put it in our vehicle for the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by HansETX View Post
                            I really like it...it's not cheap though. I've used it in the .223 and .308 and it's always performed well. Just wished I had a less expensive option in Hornady.
                            I've shot a couple of pigs with it.
                            I don't know that it expanded like I thought it would. All the shots were pass throughs. I can't say it didn't expand. Little hole in little hole out.

I agree with it not being cheap
                            I can get it for $37/ box.
                            The local Wal Mart carries Remington Cor Lokt for $19/box

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                              Y’all started the podcasts just before we left for our vacation in Alaska and I’ve been busy since so Friday when we headed to the farm, I started catching up on the podcasts. Hans, our farm is about 20-30 minutes north of Jason.

Great content guys. Keep it up. I may save them for trips to the farm as it definitely helped the drive go quicker.

Your comments on the Pulsar Core RXQ30V are dead on. It’s a great monocular/backup scope for when someone comes to hunt with me. I have a step-son and son-in-law with AR’s and the Core has settings for 3 guns so we can have use the same scope on 3 separate rifles with a quick adjustment, no need to sight it in every time. The only thing I would have done different on that scope was provide the option for internal rechargeable batteries. When I’m using it as a monocular I’d rather not have an external battery pack.

It’s been dry the last few time at the farm so no action in the fields. I plan to mix up some of Hans recipe to see if that will pull the hogs out of the bottoms. I’m usually only there two days at a time so I haven’t figured out how to mix it and let it ferment for a few days before using and I don’t think the wife will let me mix it in Houston and put it in our vehicle for the trip.

Thank you very much for those kind words Lip, I can speak for both of us when I say, it means a lot to hear feedback like that. The podcast is a lot of fun but it's also a whole lot of work and we sometimes wonder if we're crazy for even doing it. But we really do have a good time and honestly, the podcast is just the same things Hans and I talk about on the phone all the time anyway, we're just recording it.

Great feedback on the RXQ30V, that's great to hear. I agree about the internal rechargeable battery. However, I've caught myself several times saying, "I wish the RXQ had this little option" or "That little feature" but if it did.....it wouldn't be $1,899, it would be $2,500 or more. I think it's exciting that we've got quality thermal under $2,000 though because I think that just shows that there are probably a lot of good things in store for this industry in the future.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                                I've shot a couple of pigs with it.
                                I don't know that it expanded like I thought it would. All the shots were pass throughs. I can't say it didn't expand. Little hole in little hole out.

I agree with it not being cheap
                                I can get it for $37/ box.
                                The local Wal Mart carries Remington Cor Lokt for $19/box
                                What caliber are you shooting?

Comment

Working...
                                X