Target 22 pistol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Target 22 pistol?

Looking into a target style 22 pistol for fun and casual competition shoots.

I would like to get into this as economically as practical. The new Ruger Mark IV 22/45 with 5.5" bull barrel is at the top of my list right now, and sub $300 online. I like the aftermarket parts availability too.

Suggestions? Buckmark, Victory, other?

Ruger Mark III Hunter or a Browning Buckmark would be my top two choices.

Comment

Don't get the Mark 4. Save some money and get the Mark 3. You will have to learn how to clean it, but you will save some money.

I am a 4H pistol coach and all of our kids shoot the Ruger Mark 3 and 4 or the S&W Victory.

Also I would not get the 22/45. You can not "sling shot" the slide to load it. That is an issue we have had.

Comment

Find a High Standard Supermatic. You can't go wrong.

Comment

I'm partial to the MkII generation...find a good clean used bull bbl.

Comment

MK2 Ruger is hard to beat

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I saw a 10" Mark II yesterday. Maybe I should go back and look closer at it.

Comment

I've got a Mark II with the bull barrel. Sweet shooting little gun. Reassembly can take a few tries but it's not the insurmountable task some think it is.

Comment

Best one i ever shot was a High Standard Supermatic Citation. It had a flutter bull barrel and was scary accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by silencer2011 View Post
                    Best one i ever shot was a High Standard Supermatic Citation. It had a flutter bull barrel and was scary accurate.
                    I looked at a bunch of High Standards at the last gun show. People were proud of them, and the prices reflected it.

Comment

I have a S&W model 41 that shoots lights out. They are pretty expensive but you can find used ones now and then.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                        I've got a Mark II with the bull barrel. Sweet shooting little gun. Reassembly can take a few tries but it's not the insurmountable task some think it is.
                        There are a ton of youtube videos that will show you exactly how to tear it apart and put it back together.

Comment

I have a Mark III that I ended up putting a Tactical Solutions barrel on and added a red dot scope. Super accurate and lots of fun.

I would go with the Mark III/IV or the Buckmark. From what I have seen, I would not go with the Victory. Not impressed and they are not selling that well. JMHO

Comment

I’ve owned all the Ruger’s, and a High Standard Citation II, but in my experience none could outshoot my Target Buckmark.

It may come down to which one fits your hand best. I like the 22/45 grip best of the Ruger’s.
                            Last edited by Gunnyart; 06-12-2018, 07:34 AM.

Comment

I have a Mark II bull barrel that is 35+ years old. It’s still amazingly accurate.

But if I were shopping for a new one it would be a Volquartsen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X