Berger 6.5mm 156gr EOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berger 6.5mm 156gr EOL

Has anyone gotten their hands on these? I can’t find any in stock but have been waiting a long time to try some. If anyone knows where I can find a box or two, please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've read on another forum they're not out yet for the consumer market. They had a minor redesign which is why the went from 155 to 156 and required more testing.

Unless something has changed I'm expecting July or August at the earliest. One comment on rokslide estimates a fall release.

What are you planning to run them in?
    Last edited by Slick8; 06-11-2018, 06:34 AM.

Comment

I've heard fall as well. Waiting myself.

Comment

I’m thinking about spinning a 7 twist for these in 6.5 SAUM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
          I’m thinking about spinning a 7 twist for these in 6.5 SAUM.

7-1/2 should do it don’t you think?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            7-1/2 should do it don’t you think?
            Sierra states 7.5 on their 150’s. It may work with 156 but I’m not basing anything off of Sierra again. Been there with the 110’s.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. I knew about them doing some tweaking before release but I saw them listed on Natchez SS and Grafs, but they show “out of stock.” I haven’t been doing any shooting or loading for a couple months and thought I missed out on the initial release. If they’re even showing up on these web stores, I wonder if they’re about to drop?

The long-awaited 6.5mm 156gr EOL Elite Hunter bullets are purpose-built for hunters demanding a heavy-bullet solution for their Creedmoor, PRC, 26 Nosler and other 6.5 caliber long-range hunting platforms. EOL Elite Hunter bullets are “heaviest-in-class” and designed to break the common trend-line for today’s heavy hunting offerings. The sleek profile features an ultra-high ballistic coefficient (B.C.) and increased sectional density, delivering the highest energy retention upon impact. EOL Elite Hunter Bullets utilize Berger’s industry-leading hybrid ogive design, which blends tangent and secant designs to optimize efficiency, reduce wind-drift, and minimize sensitivity to seating depth. EOL’s are easy to load and shoot, and provide the unmatched accuracy and performance that long-range enthusiasts expect from Berger Bullets. This is not loaded ammunition.

FWIW - I know some guys involved in the testing and they all had terrific results with 7.5 twist barrels. No need for a 7 twist, imo. Besides, you never know when you might want to run some lightweight pill on occasion.

Comment

Working...
              X