Krivoman Blinds - Vent or No Vent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krivoman Blinds - Vent or No Vent?

For you guys that have the Krivoman blind with the vent, is it worth the extra cost? Or not?

What about the bow hook add on?

Gotta have some type of vent. Heat and sweat
    I vented my floor too
    I would add my own bow hanger / rest.
    And the Cabela ground blind chair!

Comment

I suggest the vent, but I didn't think the small opening was large enough to draw enough for good circulation, so I took a sawzall and cut out the small closable vent box and enlarged the hole.

Like Big Pig, I cut a rectangular hole in the floor under the front window and attached screening to keep the bugs out and a floor louvered vent.

I took a 4"x4"x2" block of wood, attached it with drywall type screws and screwed a bow hook into that. Works fine.
      Last edited by Burnadell; 03-04-2018, 12:45 PM.

Comment

I added an RV vent to mine, this was before he offered a vent. You have to have a vent, you'll be miserable at times without it.

Comment

Vent, no doubt. I have the bow hooks as well and like them.

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Yes get the vent unless you want to feel like you are in a sauna...lol

Comment

So does the concept of trying to contain your scent as good as you can in a ground blind, get thrown out the window(no pun) with a vent?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  So does the concept of trying to contain your scent as good as you can in a ground blind, get thrown out the window(no pun) with a vent?
                  For whatever reason, that has not been an issue for me at my location. My blind is on a 4ft platform, and the roof is 6 ft above that. I chum 15-20 yards from my blind, and I have not had a deer spook because of scent.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    You've gotta open windows (or at least one) to shoot. I always open a second for my camera. Not sure a roof vent is going to make any noticeable difference in scent control.

Comment

I would go with 3 windows and a vent. Bow hanger you can install yourself. How do others feel about 4 or 3 Windows for bow hunting. I only have 2 small openings on the box bow stands I built that I use.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                        You've gotta open windows (or at least one) to shoot. I always open a second for my camera. Not sure a roof vent is going to make any noticeable difference in scent control.

A vent certainly would allow for better air flow much like a vent in a gas tank for a person with only one window open. More flow equals more scent...right? I know it doesn't make it totally scent free without a vent but we try to contain it as much as we can. Our custom boxes are pretty dang air tight and I only open one window. Yes its a hot mutha but I try to plow through it with a suspect wind..

If and when they rot, I'll be replacing with Krivoman's...that's why I was asking.

Comment

I have heard of extended vents on blinds. Imagine a chimney.
                          Flexible pipe cabled up in the tree above the stand.
                          Sounds a little extreme !

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                            I have heard of extended vents on blinds. Imagine a chimney.
                            Flexible pipe cabled up in the tree above the stand.
                            Sounds a little extreme !

BP
                            I've seen this as well which is why I asked about the scent out of the vent. Pretty sure Humper on our place went up some too.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                              I would go with 3 windows and a vent. Bow hanger you can install yourself. How do others feel about 4 or 3 Windows for bow hunting. I only have 2 small openings on the box bow stands I built that I use.
                              I prefer the 4 windows.

Comment

Working...
                              X