No announcement yet.

99 Year Old WW2 Combat Veteran!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't notice the date of the original post, and got down a ways and thought "dang, it would be worth the drive just to go sit at the table with this hero"...hated seeing that he has gone on to his reward, but I'm sure he's enjoying the fruit of his labor today. RIP Harry Phenis

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
      Mr Harry passed on August 8, 2017. He was born March 15, 1917 and was over 100 years old at passing. His wife, Elise, had preceded him in death in 2000.

I stopped at the Koffee Kup in Hico today, August 11th and asked about Mr Harry. The waitress had tears in her eyes when she showed me his funeral notice on the register counter. Attached is a copy of the notice.

Several of us had the great honor and privilege of talking to Mr Harry in recent months. I don't know the exact cause of his death but he had been hospitalized for breathing problems back in May.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to start at the beginning of this thread and read a little about Mr Harry. He was a true HERO.

Rest In Peace SIR!
      Thanks Tejas for the pm you sent, just read it as we just got home from the lease. I have looked for Harry several times since our original post but never was at the Cup when he was....My wife and I just read your post and honestly, the tears are flowing! We have never forgot that first time we met Harry, what a man and what a life!!

I'll be sure to let my son know about this great Man and American Hero. Jake is deploying "again" in a few short weeks......God Bless Harry and those who took the time to meet or seek him out! Don

Comment

Hico is also the home of MG (R) Garrison, a vet of VN and who was also in charge of all of the SO units in Mogadishu...and a graduate of SHSU.

Comment

Great thread. RIP Mr. Harry

Comment

Working...
          X