No announcement yet.

Leveling Kit Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been looking up those Bilstien 5100 shock leveling kits and those look pretty sweet. Do the regular spacers/strut extension kits really make the ride any different? I have read up on them and it seems like a 60/40 split 60% say no and the 40% say a tad rougher ride.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
      I have been looking up those Bilstien 5100 shock leveling kits and those look pretty sweet. Do the regular spacers/strut extension kits really make the ride any different? I have read up on them and it seems like a 60/40 split 60% say no and the 40% say a tad rougher ride.

I’ve never used strut spacers on a level but my roommate has and it rides rough. Rather spend the extra money and go with a good name. I still run my bilsteins with my suspension lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You are going to loose ride with spacers, all you are doing is increasing the preload on the factory coil. It might give you the desired optics but for those that want a good ride as well the coil overs are the way to go. If you go with a quality shock like a Bilstein it will more than likely ride better than new/OEM in spite of the lift. Getting ready to install a set of 6112’s on the front with 5100’s and the 2” Icon on the rear on the 4Runner. I’m going to do it myself and it’s only going to set me back a grand.

Comment

I ran spacers (2 inch) on my 08 F150 and did NOT have a rougher ride nor did it handle different. Very pleased with them and had about 100k on them til I sold the truck (engine problems).

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I had Bilstein 5100s put on my f150 last week. Maxed out at 2.25,” I can’t tell a difference in ride quality from stock.

Comment

Do the Bilstein leveling 5100 series shocks. Ride will not change.

Comment

Does mpg change?

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                  Ok I am looking for a leveling kit for a 2016 F150 supercrew 4x4. There is a 2.75" difference between the front and back from the ground to the fender directly above the tire 36.75" in the front and 39.5". I am seeing the front end spacers/strut extension kits at 2", 2.25", 2.5" and 3". 3" would be to much so I was thinking one of the other ones. I am leaning petty hard towards the 2.25" kit but I am not sure which one would achieve the most level look? Any advice from the GS would be appreciated.
                  If I were you, I would measure where the bends in the body panels are at the back of the front wheel, and front of the rear wheel. Otherwise you will lift the front wheel arch to match the rear wheel arch, making those level, but the body panel lines will make it look like your truck sits higher in front than in back.

And adjust your headlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cjh94 View Post
                    I used Bilstein 5100 series when I leveled out my Silverado. They are ride height adjustable so you can get it perfect and they can return to stock height. It’s better than running a spacer in my opinion.

This

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                      Does mpg change?
                      My MPG on my '15 Duramax went down by 1-2MPG with leveling kit and bigger tires. Stock were 265/70/18's I think. Put 295/70/18's on as well. I'm pretty sure everyone loses a little fuel efficiency when modifying their trucks in this way.

Comment

thanks for the input guys

Comment

just put bilstein 5100 shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                            You are going to loose ride with spacers, all you are doing is increasing the preload on the factory coil.
                            Please explain this. You're not adding any weight, so you're not changing anything on the spring, you're only changing the "mounting point" of the spring and making the truck sit a bit higher.

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                            If I were you, I would measure where the bends in the body panels are at the back of the front wheel, and front of the rear wheel. Otherwise you will lift the front wheel arch to match the rear wheel arch, making those level, but the body panel lines will make it look like your truck sits higher in front than in back.
                            This.
                            Most front wheel wells are taller than the rear. To prove this, run a string along the bottom of the truck and measure from the string to the bottom of the fender.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                              Please explain this. You're not adding any weight, so you're not changing anything on the spring, you're only changing the "mounting point" of the spring and making the truck sit a bit higher.

This.
                              Most front wheel wells are taller than the rear. To prove this, run a string along the bottom of the truck and measure from the string to the bottom of the fender.
                              I can tell you on mine it changed the ride quality and handling greatly. It changes the angles on everything suspension related. I wouldn't do it again personally. It looked great when finished but was too "loose" in curves and much rougher ride. (2015 F150 SCREW FX4 with 2" level on front)

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                                I can tell you on mine it changed the ride quality and handling greatly. It changes the angles on everything suspension related. I wouldn't do it again personally. It looked great when finished but was too "loose" in curves and much rougher ride. (2015 F150 SCREW FX4 with 2" level on front)
                                Did you have and alignment job done on it after the leveling kit went on?

Comment

Working...
                                X