Muzzle Loader Season Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
    Wilson county regs are different. See below.
    Looks the same to me? Other than "properties", before I shot anything call the GW and verify. Takes 5 minutes of communication to prevent a fine.
    Last edited by Radar; 01-14-2018, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      Looks the same to me? Other than "properties", before I shot anything call the GW and verify. Takes 5 minutes of communication to prevent a fine.
      “Required only on” is not in Wilson county’s regs. Wilson county clearly states antlerless during muzzleloader season by mld ONLY.

Op’s County regs state permit required ONLY on mld properties. Otherwise, no permit required. Just license tag.
      Last edited by 30-30; 01-14-2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

MLD properties would be designated by the state with permits,correct?

Comment

Here is a direct message from. Warden friend of mine. This applies to Cherokee Co.

Here is how the Cherokee Co. regs reads:

So if your regs read this way, you can take doe. Most counties that have Muzzleloader season, all general season regs apply unless otherwise stated.

So yes, you can take doe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Level 3. Extended Season Antlerless and Buck MLDP: Level 3 MLD permits allow the harvest of antlerless and buck deer by permit from the Saturday nearest September 30 through the last hunting season in your county. Similar to the other MLD levels, all deer harvested on the ranch are tagged with MLD permits issued by the state.

This is my understanding, but I am usually wrong. I copied this from here:

A Managed Lands Deer Permit allows landowners to have the most flexible bag limits and seasons possible.

Comment

Mld is a program that lets a state biologist designate a special season and bag limit specifically for your property. I believe there is a cost and minimum acreage requirement to enroll.

Comment

I've always hated their wording, kinda confusing the way they throw mld in there.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                  Mld is a program that lets a state biologist designate a special season and bag limit specifically for your property. I believe there is a cost and minimum acreage requirement to enroll.
                  Yes sir, that is correct. I hope TPWD re evaluates Wilson county and lets us take one anterless during muzzleloader.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                    Here is a direct message from. Warden friend of mine. This applies to Cherokee Co.

Here is how the Cherokee Co. regs reads:

So if your regs read this way, you can take doe. Most counties that have Muzzleloader season, all general season regs apply unless otherwise stated.

So yes, you can take doe

Reading the wardens note then you cannot take a doe in Navarro county because you cannot take one during opening day of general season. Only during bow season and thanksgiving. Worth a phone call for sure!

Comment

looks like I am going to Leon County next week with muzzleloader in hand and hope a doe comes out...yes the reg. book is not real clear on this. good luck folks.

Comment

Called Austin twice about does in Hunt county. Told by two different people that does were legal game during the muzzle loader season.

Comment

Working...
                        X