The beginnings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radar View Post
    I am not for that wall either, it aint gonna do nothing but cost us money. The gubment can control the borders if they really wanted to, with todays surveillance equipment and drones, but them folk in the gubment are much smarter.
    This is a picture of "the wall" near a place we hunt in Brownsville. Seems to me like it does a pretty good job of keeping people from crossing it and funneling folks to choke points that can be easily monitored. Surveillance equipment and drones arent free, that costs us money too. The current set up aint working, I am all for a change. I dont really care if that makes people mad at me
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
      This is a picture of "the wall" near a place we hunt in Brownsville. Seems to me like it does a pretty good job of keeping people from crossing it and funneling folks to choke points that can be easily monitored. Surveillance equipment and drones arent free, that costs us money too. The current set up aint working, I am all for a change. I dont really care if that makes people mad at me
      Yes sir that wall looks fine and is probably working in that area. I think in the long run the wall will be a high maintenance headache. More than likely the next liberal president we get will tear the thing down anyway. I just thought electronic surveillance would do more than a wall. I am probably wrong as I have been most of my life, just ask my wife

I agree with you that the current set up does not work and that is our gubment at its finest. I dont know the right answer and I am sure the Mexican government is laughing its azz off at us now.

As far as people getting mad, well most of my customers and I get along real good. I have been doing business with most of them so long now that I sell tools to their children and grand kids. I have hunted, fished and worked with lots of them and I think highly of them. Been to weddings, funerals, graduations, QuinceaƱeras, parties and even reuniĆ³n familiar. Yes sir I am white as a bar of Ivory but it dont make no never mind to me or them. I reckon you could say I dont want them to think bad of me and I want to keep it that way.

Comment

There needs to be a vetting & progress system for those genuinely wanting to assimilate & become US citizens...right now, it is way too expensive & time consuming with numerous hurdles for the average person to conquer, so we create our own problem. It takes years & you have to have a job waiting for you at the end of it all & that is hard to accomplish. I know middle income folks from Mex who gave up on the process due to the BS it takes. But hey, if you are a rich middle eastern, come on in!! Think about it: How many pay a coyote a couple thousand dollars to get them across risking life and limb?? Why?? Because the current system is **** near impossible for them...many here don't care & think it should be uber difficult?? I don't get it.

Vette & monitor
        Reasonable cost
        Reasonable time frame
        Must have job which is easier accomplished if it doesn't take years. Keeping employment a must.
        NO Govt assistance allowed until your taxes put back in the system which should be an extended period.

Problem is if you ask for hard working people looking to make a better world for themselves to do what is reasonable to become a US civi...then you no longer have state dependents the Liberals want on the vote dole. We've just created the very people who take away their power base by making them responsible for their staying.

The current system favors the left & why you will never see a correct fix...again, we are our own worse enemy. We have created our own illegal problem because it is easier to sneak across & wait for amnesty vs a system that would vette / monitor / mold model citizens.

It's complicated & throwing my thoughts out...we simply will never fix the current problem the way it is now. THAT I KNOW!!

BTW...that wall in the pic runs from Brownsville all the way till: Sullivan City (see my previous post) Then pics back up going to La Joya. Don't tell me walls don't help & that one is no where expensive as the ones they are looking at now.

Comment

That's a big beautiful wall

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Yessir, and we need to remove the incentive for them to come here in the first place... I'm OK with cheap labor... there's a need for it, but the free entitlements, free stuff all needs to be brought to a squeaking halt... Merit based immigration would sure help. All that is part of "comprehensive immigration reform" that needs to happen... Trouble is, when that phrase is used both sides jump right to amnesty... Just get the amnesty out of it and do the rest of it...

If we don't do something, and quickly the invasion of our country will be complete and will destroy our nation... We cannot keep allowing millions and millions of people to flood into our country and paying for their welfare... We're broke now and sooner or later it's gonna be time to pay the piper... illegal immigration is just making that time approach at break-neck speed.
            If you want to get upset think about the future. At some point that most people can't fathom (but it will happen) we will run out of money. That's when YOU or I may actually need help and we won't get any. Our families will suffer due to the decades of giving it all away mostly to illegals.

And I believe at that point politicians will have the balls to say...You conservatives have always wanted to get rid of entitlements so now they're all gone! Right when those of us who worked for 30-60 years need help.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              If you want to get upset think about the future. At some point that most people can't fathom (but it will happen) we will run out of money. That's when YOU or I may actually need help and we won't get any. Our families will suffer due to the decades of giving it all away mostly to illegals.

And I believe at that point politicians will have the balls to say...You conservatives have always wanted to get rid of entitlements so now they're all gone! Right when those of us who worked for 30-60 years need help.
              That would be a very, very dangerous time. A revolution if you will.

Comment

I think in the long run the wall will be a high maintenance headache.
                I agree with pretty much everything that you state, but this.

I just got back from Costa Rica, and really enjoy much of the southerners, especially their food and beers. Pretty much every building down and property down there has a high fence, topped with some sort of device meant to cut, be it barb wire or glass. Then there are bars on the doors and windows. I honestly dont understand why building a perimeter wall is offensive to anyone. As far as I can tell it is ingrained into the Latino culture.

Do you have a fence around your property, have a front door with a lock, or just pay a security company to send the cops to your place once a crime has occurred to file a report?

Comment

What we need is a "wall" constructed from E-VERIFY!

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                    I would agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                      I would agree with that.
                      Agreed, but only after it is fixed and becomes something that actually works!

Comment

What we need is lots and lots of freshwater nile crocs, electric eels and piranha in the river. Maybe a couple million hungry gators too. Once they get across the river there ain't no stopping them. They'r like fire ants and spread faster than you can swat them off.

Comment

Everyone was so mad about introducing the canadian wolf to Montana and the decimation of elk there.... think of the repercussions of all these animals you are talking about.

Just Kidding by the way.

Comment

Working...
                          X