No announcement yet.

Menard 2018-2019 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you have a good one coming in. Hopefully he will stick around!

Comment

Originally posted by MenardCountyBow View Post
      Looks like you have a good one coming in. Hopefully he will stick around!

I sure hope he does too
      Biggest body I’ve seen on our place.

Lol...my buddy thinks he’s going to be a big six.

Fine by me.
      I’d be happy to call that toad my cull buck!

Comment

Going back this weekend to get some more work done. Anybody know if the axis out there are getting going?

Comment

Deer are looking good and hammering the protein out here!

Comment

The deer at my place are looking good. The fawns are just starting to drop. The turkey season was ok. Got on nice one, but now the turkeys are everywhere. Wish I had axis thou.

Comment

Watch out for rattlers. They are out down here

Comment

Bump

Comment

I’m in mason county on the Menard and Kimble line can I participate?

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper87 View Post
                    I’m in mason county on the Menard and Kimble line can I participate?
                    For sure brotha

Comment

The country looks good from the recent rain. The rains fell late enough so that it was hot and this kept us from growing many weeds, pretty much just grass. This is great for cattle but the clover that we get from early spring rain really gives the deer a jump start. We sure missed that this year.
                      Here is a tip for you guys wanting to increase your antler growth across most of the Hill Country and Trans Pecos. Keep out a high Phosphorus mineral as this country is short on ph. We all know that it takes Calcium and Phosphorus to grow bones and antlers are similar to bones. I feed the Hi Pro Mineral Blocks that contain 12% ph and it really seems to increase antler mass. These blocks are not cheap and can be found at Kothmann Country Store here in Menard.
                      Adios,
                      Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                        The country looks good from the recent rain. The rains fell late enough so that it was hot and this kept us from growing many weeds, pretty much just grass. This is great for cattle but the clover that we get from early spring rain really gives the deer a jump start. We sure missed that this year.
                        Here is a tip for you guys wanting to increase your antler growth across most of the Hill Country and Trans Pecos. Keep out a high Phosphorus mineral as this country is short on ph. We all know that it takes Calcium and Phosphorus to grow bones and antlers are similar to bones. I feed the Hi Pro Mineral Blocks that contain 12% ph and it really seems to increase antler mass. These blocks are not cheap and can be found at Kothmann Country Store here in Menard.
                        Adios,
                        Gary
                        Thanks for the info! I will grab some this weekend.

Comment

It may be a late to help antler growth for this year but it is of great benefit to all the deer, especially does that are lactating and fawns with rapidly growing bones.
                          Adios,
                          Gary

Comment

So this guy just showed up last night on my camera.

Comment

Looks like he has been doing some fighting!

Comment

I’d like to see the one that did that!

Comment

Working...
                                X