Do you think it the wrong thing to do??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think it the wrong thing to do??

I few years ago I invaded a family friend to come out and shoot an old cull buck on one of my places. He had recently kicked off his lease do to the land owner wanted his family hunt there. So I felt bad for him and let him come hunt for FREE. He ended up putting up 2 feeders and stands and has been letting his kids hunt out there. I was fine with it for the kids sake as long as they where only shooting mature bucks. Come to find out that is not really the case. His son shot a 3.5 year old 10 pointer the first year and his daughter shot at 4.5 8 pointer and hit it in the breast and never recover the deer. He "does not have time" to fill feeders and put protein out in the off season. I have seen a really nice mature 10 pointer at his feeder this year. My question is, would you hunt his feeder if all the buck that where coming to your feeder have been shot already?? Or would it be the wrong thing to do?

Yes it's wrong to invade a family friend!

Comment

I would tell him the free ride is over. Make him pay, fill feeders, or not hunt

Comment

is it your place and he is guest? yes

Comment

IMHO, he's not much of a friend. I'd do as others have suggested, either tell him to leave, or start charging him. Frankly, I'd just tell him to leave.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

He could be fine with it or find another free place for him and his kids to hunt

Comment

Ask him "Would you mind if i shot this ten off your feeder if I don't remove your **** from my lease?"

Or ..stick your own feeder next to his.. and shoot the animal.

Comment

Smoke that joker! He doesn't have enough skin in the game imo.

Comment

I'd hunt it. Your letting him hunt for free.

Comment

The question you should be asking yourself is why are you sharing your honest feelings about the matter with a bunch of strangers on the internet, when you really should be talking to a guy who is supposed to be your "friend".......

Comment

Your place, hunt where ever you want! Very nice gesture though letting them out to hunt.

Comment

If you have an old pair of boots laying around, give him one.

Comment

From the OP it sounds like, a one time cull hunt was taken advantage of and stretched into an annual free family lease without even helping out of courtesy.

It seems obvious to me that the "friend" has stretched any reasonable bounds to only his benefit.

Whether the OP hunts the stand or kicks him off only seems to depend on how close that family friend is to the OP. No matter what is done (other than leaving his setup alone), friend will be hurt unless he is simply allowed a lifetime free family lease.

Comment

Did you establish the mature age limit with him from the get go? If so...he is not following your rules.

Comment

He's a leech. They are everywhere ! I'm dealing with some now, but after this season, I'm pulling up my drawers and leaving, 'cause I'm tired of the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X