Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

275 gallon tote fittings (reducing for water hose connection)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

275 gallon tote fittings (reducing for water hose connection)

I have a 275 gallon water tote that im trying rig up a fitting for a water hose. My problem is that I cant find a reducer anywhere for the 2" couse thread on the output bung. does anyone know where I might find what I need to reduce the 2" course output down to a water hose thread?

Use threaded bushings...work your way down from 2" to what ever size you need...it may take 2-3 to get there

Comment

Lowe's and Home Depot sells them. You have to get a 2" female thread to a 2" slip and then a 2" slip to a 3/4" female thread fitting. Then you get a 3/4" metal thread (male) to a hose fitting. I have done it on several 275 gallon water totes. I just bought the parts last weekend for another water trough. If I can find the receipt I'll give you the numbers. This is the only way I have found to make it work. Total cost is around 5 to 6 dollars
      Last edited by Downwind; 08-26-2010, 11:53 AM.

Comment

We just used bushings to drop down to 1/2" pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Downwind View Post
          Lowe's and Home Depot sells them. You have to get a 2" female thread to a 2" slip and then a 2" slip to a 3/4" female thread fitting. Then you get a 3/4" metal thread (male) to a hose fitting. I have done it on several 275 gallon water totes. I just bought the parts last weekend for another water trough. If I can find the receipt I'll give you the numbers. This is the only way I have found to make it work. Total cost is around 5 to 6 dollars

This is what I'm looking for. I guess I wasn't thinking outside the box enough. I ended up using a rubber reducer and a hose clamp to hold it on the water tote. It works but...I dont know how long it will last. If you have the receipt with part numbers that would be awesome.

did your tote have the course threading?

Comment

if the threads are actually coarse, that is one thing, but if they are buttress threads....you won't find adapters at box stores....

Comment

raiderbowhunter told me about a part that Gebo's sells that is designed to take the coarse thread totes down to like a 3/4" pipe. He could probably tell you the part number if you shoot him a PM.

Comment

My totes have a 2" valve on them and a standard 2" PVC screw threads. Not sure if this is a coarse thead or not. I double checked the parts list and I had to go from a 3/4 slip to a 3/4 female thread joined by a short peice of 3/4 PVC pipe. That makes one more PVC adapter that I had to use. I bought these parts at Home Depot

Part numbers on the receipt
                012871626692 2" slip to 3/4" slipo PVC bushing $1.21
                012871558672 2" female thread to 2" slip Fitting $1.88
                012871558672 3/4 slip to 3/4 female thread adapter $0.44
                048643071872 Watts #A-665 Tapped Hose adapter metal fitting $3.69

Comment

Working...
                X