Lake Travis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Travis

We have a place on LBJ and have fingers crossed at this point. Not much else we can do. Had to rebuild my sisters house after Harvey, it’ll just be another rebuilding project if the worst happens.

Really worried about what will happen to the dam when the chunk of the 2900 bridge hits it, and we keep our boat at the marina by the dam.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
      We have a place on LBJ and have fingers crossed at this point. Not much else we can do. Had to rebuild my sisters house after Harvey, it’ll just be another rebuilding project if the worst happens.

Really worried about what will happen to the dam when the chunk of the 2900 bridge hits it, and we keep our boat at the marina by the dam.
      Hopefully it will sink before then.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Marble Falls area is bad- wife is one of the directors for the city and I may be loading up our rescue boat and a couple guys and heading that way. Send prayers for no loss of life as property damage is something that can always be replaced and it is going to be there

biggest concern this minute is rainfall this evening.
        Glen
        I was wondering when you would get the call Glen! Be safe!!!

Comment

And there it is.. Just announced they will be opening flood gates on Mansfield.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            The level of Lake Travis is expected to rise within a range of 678 to 681 feet msl within the next 24 hours.
            Current Reading: 673.76 Oct 16 2018 10:15AM

Up another 1' in 45 minutes.

We shall see if the rise slows down a lot as it gets fuller. In flows should drop fast at this point.
            Last Reading: 674.42 Oct 16 2018 10:45AM

Up 6 tenths of a foot in 30 minutes. I think the peak flow is entering Travis now... Hopefully/

Comment

Its hard to believe that much water is flowing into the lakes that fast. That is just insane.

Comment

Scary!

Comment

Travis
                  Last Reading: 675.38 Oct 16 2018 11:30AM

Now they said it will rise up to 690-695 in the next 48 hours.

Or up 20' like I said when I started this thread. Maybe they need me to work for them LOL

Comment

690-695 will flood some homes on Travis.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                      Right next to the brand new Boat Town dealership and restaurant. The video is shot from the patio, that is usually a 30 foot hike up the hill to get to.

We have friends with a house just past that bridge on the left, hoping they’re out and ok. This is getting ridiculous with the weather and flooding

That chunk will be on the bottom of the deeper part of the river and for sure the main lake long before it gets to the dam.

If there was enough moving water force to get it to the dam, the dam wouldn't be there right now.

Comment

Travis

Or up 20' like I said when I started this thread. Maybe they need me to work for them LOL
                        Keep us updatrd!

Comment

I'd hate to be in Apache Shores or Graveyard Point right now.

Just drove over the Pedernales at HWY 71...up 6' in the last 24-hours. She looks like she wants to roll.
                          Last edited by simek; 10-16-2018, 11:24 AM.

Comment

One flood gate was just opened on Lake Travis and one on Lake Austin's Tom Miller dam. More at Lake Travis as needed.

Comment

Travis

Last Reading: 676.48 Oct 16 2018 12:15PM

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                                I'd hate to be in Apache Shores or Graveyard Point right now.

Just drove over the Pedernales at HWY 71...up 6' in the last 24-hours. She looks like she wants to roll.
                                I got a video from the landowner on our lease this morning. We're on the Pedernales just west of Hwy 16 between Fredericksburg and Kerrville. It's up what looks like 12-15' on our place. Several inches of rain in the 10-day forecast as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X