No announcement yet.

Why health insurance costs so much these days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A single cancer treatment isn't driving up the cost of medical insurance. It's the family of 5 that got to their pcp for ever sniffle and sneeze, who then incur an office charge and a round of antibiotics (for a virus) or steroids because the good doc feels he can't send them away without some form of treatment.

It's the indigent (legal and non) who use hospitals as primary care outlets and have no way to pay for those services, but can't be turned away, and their costs are spread across the board to those who can (we had socialized medicine before Obamacare, we just chose to ignore it existed and didn't want to give it a name.)

It's the fact that I can go to my pcp and offer a cash amount, but if I file on insurance it's 50% more, and the insurance pays it

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
      Listen.
      Those who don't pay don't get $500k per year treatments
      Why don't you understand that
      So people who qualify for subsidized healthcare don't get treated when sick? ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        A single cancer treatment isn't driving up the cost of medical insurance. It's the family of 5 that got to their pcp for ever sniffle and sneeze, who then incur an office charge and a round of antibiotics (for a virus) or steroids because the good doc feels he can't send them away without some form of treatment.

It's the indigent (legal and non) who use hospitals as primary care outlets and have no way to pay for those services, but can't be turned away, and their costs are spread across the board to those who can (we had socialized medicine before Obamacare, we just chose to ignore it existed and didn't want to give it a name.)

It's the fact that I can go to my pcp and offer a cash amount, but if I file on insurance it's 50% more, and the insurance pays it
        That's a big part of it, no doubt. I think the....largest.... part is the astronomical amount of over weight people in our country. It's not popular to say out loud, but fat people are killing us.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          That's a big part of it, no doubt. I think the....largest.... part is the astronomical amount of over weight people in our country. It's not popular to say out loud, but fat people are killing us.
          True. Heart disease and "diabeetus" are largely preventable, but are widespread and costly to treat

But don't you dare fat shame anyone
          Last edited by Playa; 09-12-2017, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

Comment

Originally posted by skipetex View Post
              I'll take the bait for a second only....listen, the profit is not in a cure it is in treatments and drugs so no matter how much they research they will not offer a cure for us..bye now.
              No bait
              I agree with you somewhat
              I agree.

Comment

Anytime the Gubmint is involved in anything the price goes exponentially. The more Gubmint control and regulations the more it costs. Think IRS tax code. Thank you democrats. Thank you Obama care.

Comment

Whatever the reason is, it doesn't change the fact that the government shouldn't be able to force me to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post

Very true, and then ....who do we blame for a big gulp of corn syrup(soda) being cheaper than an equal size bottle of water. AND it's as addictive as cocaine to top it off. Poor people eat ****tier food whether it be free or not, eating healthy and nutritious takes practice before it becomes truly cost effective and able to be implemented over the long term. and with the completely BS food pyramid the FDA has lied to everyone about its like the government made a problem, then swept it under the rug, and kept having to buy a bigger rug to cover it instead of trying to actually clean up the mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
                      Very true, and then ....who do we blame for a big gulp of corn syrup(soda) being cheaper than an equal size bottle of water. AND it's as addictive as cocaine to top it off. Poor people eat ****tier food whether it be free or not, eating healthy and nutritious takes practice before it becomes truly cost effective and able to be implemented over the long term. and with the completely BS food pyramid the FDA has lied to everyone about its like the government made a problem, then swept it under the rug, and kept having to buy a bigger rug to cover it instead of trying to actually clean up the mess.

Stop!
                      Stop it!
                      Please just stop making sense with facts!
                      Go back to blaming the illegals and the welfare queens that clog up the ER waiting for a $6 bottle of sudafed.

How many cancer patients do we hear about on tbh alone? Each one of them are HUGE financial impacts on a health insurance company's bottom line.
                      An illegal thatgoes to ER because they broke their arm trying to loot some Jordan's after Harvey may have a $5k bill.
                      Your family member that's been diagnosed with ER+ and HER2/BRCA breast cancer will rack up $100k in charges EASILY!

Your fat cousin that lives on family land down in Boerne that has diabetes, hypertension and a BMI of 41 (all at the age of 41) will have a far greater impact on the healthcare system than Magdalena y Sonrisio when they take their kid to the ER with a 104 fever.

It can take 40 illegal alien patients to equal the financial impact of one fat American.

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post

Spot on brother. Big sugar has spent as much as anyone, lobbying the goverment, to lie for them. It's a crazy picture, when you step back and look at it. Just a huge, money making machine, that essentially farms the citizens. All under the guise of freedom

Comment

Stop!
                          Stop it!
                          Go back to blaming the illegals and the welfare queens that clog up the ER waiting for a $6 bottle of sudafed.

How many cancer patients do we hear about on tbh alone? Each one of them are HUGE financial impacts on a health insurance company's bottom line.
                          An illegal thatgoes to ER because they broke their arm trying to loot some Jordan's after Harvey may have a $5k bill.
                          Your family member that's been diagnosed with ER+ and HER2/BRCA breast cancer will rack up $100k in charges EASILY!

Your fat cousin that lives on family land down in Boerne that has diabetes, hypertension and a BMI of 41 (all at the age of 41) will have a far greater impact on the healthcare system than Magdalena y Sonrisio when they take their kid to the ER with a 104 fever.

It can take 40 illegal alien patients to equal the financial impact of one fat American.
                          Amen, Amen, Amen !

Comment

Stop!
                            Stop it!

Because illegals don't get cancer or fat, got it. So actually they do the 100K and the 5k.

Comment

What if a fat illegal gets cancer?

Comment

Mexico has surpassed the United States as the world’s fattest nation, with 32.8% of its population now classed as obese.

This worrying figure is higher than the percentage of obese US citizens, who weigh in at 32%.

It reveals that 70% of Mexicans are overweight and childhood obesity figures have tripled in the last decade.

I will just leave this here.

Comment

Working...
                                X