No announcement yet.

Colorado Elk hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drew 3rd season for unit 35 deer, have a buddy going with me as well doing OTC Elk. Has anyone had experience during the 2nd or 3rd season with crowding? Just trying to figure out what its going to be like with all the elk hunters up there.

Comment

Looks like I will be in the mountains this Sept. I drew a muzzleloader cow tag in unit 77. Going up there in July scouting and do some fishing.

Comment

Been using alaska game bags for 12 yrs, no problems

Comment

I'm selling some Irish setter boots in the classifieds if anyone is looking. $130 TYD obo

Comment

What's extreme altitude for hiking the mountains? I'm headed to unit 34 and I'm a little worried about the thin air. I have been skiing and did just fine but hiking is a different ball game all together.

Comment

Originally posted by Rage em View Post
              What's extreme altitude for hiking the mountains? I'm headed to unit 34 and I'm a little worried about the thin air. I have been skiing and did just fine but hiking is a different ball game all together.
              You can find elk in stuff up to and even above 13000 ft or much much lower. For me things start getting pretty dang hard above 12000 ft. Like walking up an incline I will count out 15-20 steps then rest a few seconds then repeat. I hardly notice a drop in my performance below 9000 ft or so.

Comment

Working...
              X