No announcement yet.

Peep to pin relation???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either way is fine as long as its repeated for every shot, and for me that leads to errors. Which is why I have opted out of the peep. I shoot a kisser button with my nose on the string. This method for me puts my eye in the exact same spot every single time. I don't have to worry about light, or twisting. I just shoot.

I do however have 2 holes in every mesh mask I own.

Comment

number one for me . . . . that said I've shot single pin for over a decade.

When i shot multi it was number one all the way

Comment

Originally posted by Mac... View Post
        You do get a different outcome in each of these shots.

With my wife's low poundage bow, the top pic hit about 15" low and the the bottom pic hit dead on at 50 yards.
        I'm setting my wife up her first bow and we are having issues with her hitting low. 27.5" DL and we have her bow tuned all the way down to 32# DW. At 10 yards she's still hitting a little low but at 15 yards she's really low. At 20 she's in the dirt under the target and I'm running out of room to move the sight down. She's getting better with her fundamentals but I'm looking for answers as to her hitting so low. Is it her low draw weight and short draw length the main culprit or is something else at work here? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Stick_Em View Post
          I'm setting my wife up her first bow and we are having issues with her hitting low. 27.5" DL and we have her bow tuned all the way down to 32# DW. At 10 yards she's still hitting a little low but at 15 yards she's really low. At 20 she's in the dirt under the target and I'm running out of room to move the sight down. She's getting better with her fundamentals but I'm looking for answers as to her hitting so low. Is it her low draw weight and short draw length the main culprit or is something else at work here? Thanks!
          Peep sight up, anchor point down.

First, make sure the arrow is passing straight through the Berger hole while on the rest and that the nock point makes for a level arrow.

Then have her draw the bow with her eyes closed and come to anchor; then open her eyes. The peep should be in line with her eye. If not you probably need to move it up (based on her shooting low).

If it is even with her eye then she needs a new, lower, anchor point; then adjust the peep align with the new anchor point.

Some people can anchor close to the ear lobe and some can't; it depends on string angle and face geometry. Shooting with a lower anchor is okay as long as she can be consistent at that anchor point.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
            Peep sight up, anchor point down.

First, make sure the arrow is passing straight through the Berger hole while on the rest and that the nock point makes for a level arrow.

Then have her draw the bow with her eyes closed and come to anchor; then open her eyes. The peep should be in line with her eye. If not you probably need to move it up (based on her shooting low).

If it is even with her eye then she needs a new, lower, anchor point; then adjust the peep align with the new anchor point.

Some people can anchor close to the ear lobe and some can't; it depends on string angle and face geometry. Shooting with a lower anchor is okay as long as she can be consistent at that anchor point.
            'Predicate cha Rat. I'll definitely get her to try that out.

Comment

I got a bow in a trade that had a peep a little to high for me and looked like the bottom picture. Didn't see any difference in my accuracy. Uncomfortable but still accurate.

Comment

the more accurate way is to center the housing in the peep. with practice this is achieved almost subconsciously.

Comment

Set up 1.

Comment

In the " old days" of square pin guards you would center the PIN in the peep. This would cause you to "crunch" your nose into or off the string, to achieve the inevitable task .. Since anchor had to be altered to do so....

Then round pin guards came out! By centering HOUSING you maintained a consistent anchor and added an anchor reference.

Neither is "wrong"... But centering housing is more accurate (imo)

Comment

ive always centered the sight housing in my peep.

Comment

I use option #2.

Comment

Option #1 for me

Comment

Option #1 for me also

Comment

#1 never even thought about using the other one

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                                Actually, neither option is wrong.
                                Centering the sight housing usually allows for a larger peep, increasing low light visibility.
                                Centering pins causes a shooter to slightly "float" the anchor.
                                Both can be shot very accurately.
                                I prefer centering the housing myself, allowing me to use a larger peep and increasing low light visibility.
                                Shooters that use a moveable sight, kinda have both, but they are still "floating" their anchor.
                                This...saved me a lot of tying.

Comment

Working...
                                X