No announcement yet.

Adventures in "trad" fishing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! I was going out on Tuesday but opted to do more practicing with my casting before putting a fly on there. I will definitely be out there this afternoon hoping to get my first!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
      Well the fish refused to cooperate. If it wasn't for the incredible company, i would say it was a total bust. Just before packing it in... I did hook up with what could be a new species on the fly.... whatcha think? I am thinking rock bass.

[ATTACH]650319[/ATTACH]
      Not sure, because I am looking at the pic in my phone, but that looks like a black crappie to me?

Bisch

Comment

[QUOTE=SwampRabbit;9042494]Well the fish refused to cooperate. If it wasn't for the incredible company, i would say it was a total bust. Just before packing it in... I did hook up with what could be a new species on the fly.... whatcha think? I am thinking rock bass.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1410398965376.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	24329233[/QUO

Warmouth for sure

Comment

Won't let me upload my pictures :/

Comment

Hmmm, looks like the rock bass in this blog

Hello, Readers! Lately, I've seen a lot of people having trouble with fish identification. Identifying fish can be a very painful proce...

(scroll down to the rock bass.)

It was the red eyes and the larger mouth that was what triggered my thought it was a rock bass.

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
              Warmouth for sure
              Yeah, I think you are correct. I just did a search and the two are often mistaken for each other. It's harder to see the facial stripes (I sort of see them) but a site said that a warmouth has 3 spikes on the **** fin, whereas rock bass have 5-6. You can definately see from my pic and other pics of rock bass, that mine had only 3 spikes and is most likely a warmouth.

Thanks for helping ID it for me... Still a new species!!!

Comment

What an awesome time I had yesterday afternoon and evening. About 30 minutes in and I land my first fly fishing catch! I used the blue gill spider SwampRabbit tied me up and it nabbed me two fish. The first was a blue gill and the second I believe was a green sunfish. Nothing but but good times! Thanks SwampRabbit for the flies!
                Attached Files

Comment

Congrats the fishes, well done.

Comment

Congrats!

Glad there was a fly in there that worked

Look forward to more posts/stories in the future.
                    Last edited by SwampRabbit; 09-12-2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Man spent 20 min, posting and they didn't upload...guest too many pics for the post....let me break it up.

Some of my earlier work.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Last edited by MikeW; 09-12-2014, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Proud of this one..National contest. 2,500 entries and this took first place.

Comment

Working...
                                X