• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
    How about.......

BENGHAZI
    FAST & FURIOUS
    EXECUTIVE ORDER AFTER ORDER TO MANIPULATE HEALTHCARE

It all starts at the top.....JUST SAYING!
    Court records show it started before 911 so ya gotta go back even further to get to the top! Really sad where we are........Just saying!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Court records show it started before 911 so ya gotta go back even further to get to the top! Really sad where we are........Just saying!
      I gotcha Oscar!

An interesting summary, dealing with our first responders mentioned in this latest scandal would be "WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR NYC MAYOR?"

This famous quote was made under OATH.

Comment

Jail, make them repay and/or take away their pensions.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
          I gotcha Oscar!

An interesting summary, dealing with our first responders mentioned in this latest scandal would be "WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR NYC MAYOR?"

This famous quote was made under OATH.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've worked that area and met several first responders from 911 and several of their widows as well. Several of them are ate up with cancer and whatnot from all the dust and stuff they were breathing. Sad deal for sure. That said i will say some of them seemed to be playing the system. Happens in every profession.

Comment

Originally posted by firefyter View Post
              Bad apples makes the bunch look bad, send them to jail and make them return the money. PTSD is something that can be manipulated to the advantage of someone who knows the system, I know this cause I have a family member that gets disability from PTSD and not only have they never been in the military or a first responder but they have never really been gainfully employed, sad really.
              PTSD , well I better hold back on what I think of that
              But, anyone who wants to get paid for not doing work ( welfare ) can say that they got the PTSD and very likely they will get that disability check. It was said a long time ago, when the population of any country realizes they can. Ore themselves a raise/ free money that country has not long to live

Comment

Gaming the system. One found out how to do it and spread the news.

I hope they all get maximum penalties for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                  I've worked that area and met several first responders from 911 and several of their widows as well. Several of them are ate up with cancer and whatnot from all the dust and stuff they were breathing. Sad deal for sure. That said i will say some of them seemed to be playing the system. Happens in every profession.
                  I thought that there were hundreds of millions in donations specifically for 911 first responders and their family's. Anyone remember that? Not one of them or their family members should be on any system. I guess those donations went to line someone else's pockets instead of those it was sent in for

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    I thought that there were hundreds of millions in donations specifically for 911 first responders and their family's. Anyone remember that? Not one of them or their family members should be on any system. I guess those donations went to line someone else's pockets instead of those it was sent in for

There was. But can you IMAGINE the gnashing of teeth and the pile-on that would occur if ANYONE suggested that the private funds raised were "enough" and that any 1st responder should, therefore, be exempted from other standard taxpayer-funded benefits?? I wouldn't want to be that guy.

Supposedly, the "ring leader" is an 89 year-old man that's a lawyer or a benefit expert that's been teaching these guys how to game the system for disability since the 80's. Of course, 9/11 created the biggest opportunity for them to scam the system.

I'm actually pretty surprised that they went after these guys. In NY especially, the PD and FD are almost mafia-like in the way they protect their own; and since 9/11, the adoration for the departments has been, not surprisingly, elevated to new heights. It's kind of a relief that, in spite of that culture of protectionism and exaltation, there's still some accountability. If money wasn't squandered like that, imagine how much more would be available to deserving recipients! I hope they ALL get the maximum civil and criminal penalties.

I'm going to be interested to see where the union reps come down on this.

Comment

If all the private funds were actually givin to the people it was supposed to go to they would all have bank accounts in the millions.
                      I never agreed with tax payers giving surviving family of any 911 victims money much less the millions they got.

Comment

These public servants should all end up in prison
                        Their families should not be able to keep any pension they might be receiving
                        And if that leaves their wife's and children destitute so be it
                        But in the end, I doubt there will be any lasting pain for these folks

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMaxNCV View Post
                          Remember, New York City has over 34,500 uniformed police officers and over 10,700 uniformed firefighters. Not counting the corrections officers that's 45,200 plus public servants and only 100 of them (maybe a score or two more) are prosecuted for this. That's 1 out of every 452 officers. Not a bad stat.

There are definitely some butt heads out there tho. And they need to go to jail
                          As I was reading through this thread I was wondering how many LEO/FF there are up there, thanks for bringing that up.

To put it in perspective, even if there are 200 charged that is .004%.

I wish I could hire good people at that rate,......

Comment

Like any other profession there is always a small percentage that make it tough on the good ones. I have no mercy on them and hope they spend a life in jail.

Comment

Working...
                            X