Big tax cuts coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWC View Post
    This is the best plan I've heard in a while. It is high time that our presidents bypass congress and start doing what is right for the country. Only downside I see is if we get a president elected that doesn't share our values or one that does not have the country's best interest at heart. Other than that, I don't really see a downside. Congress is just a bunch of obstructionists anyway. Wonder what it would take to get rid of that whole system?
    A King..........redo to 1776![emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      A King..........redo to 1776![emoji6]

It is a good thing our founders looked ahead to the future....and not just to what was best for THEM and their families in the 1700's. They were trying to make a government for the people, with checks and balances, that would stand the test of time. I think they did a pretty dang good job. And as long as the government recognizes and governs according to the constitution, we should be in good shape. But we are seeing less and less of this as time goes by. It will ultimately be our downfall. Hopefully that is not for a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
        It is a good thing our founders looked ahead to the future....and not just to what was best for THEM and their families in the 1700's. They were trying to make a government for the people, with checks and balances, that would stand the test of time. I think they did a pretty dang good job. And as long as the government recognizes and governs according to the constitution, we should be in good shape. But we are seeing less and less of this as time goes by. It will ultimately be our downfall. Hopefully that is not for a very long time.
        Term limits fixes a huge percentage of the comcerns. Go home after serving and get a dang job......not sit in DC for 20+ years and lifelong benefits.....just sooo wrong!

Comment

Working...
        X