2017 Trad Harvest Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Blood for the Green Lynx
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Second Blood for the Green Lynx

Comment

Third Blood for the Green Lynx

Comment

Dang, those are big rats!!!!

Congrats,

Bisch

Comment

I killed four rats while mowing the pasture today. I saw about 15 fat rats and figured itd be good practice. Started with 5 arrows, broke 2 and lost 1. The Bob Sarrel bow model is appropriately called Lynx and is now christened as the Green Lynx aka Mickey Mauler!

Comment

Congrats!! Those are some big rats!!

Comment

LOL!! Mickey Mauler that's a good nickname!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks yall. These were the skinny ones. The fat ones were super fast and got away. It took eight shots before I connected with the first one.

Comment

Awesome. Nothing like a good rat killin!

Comment

Way to Jeff!! You are making up for some lost time quickly as of late. Those are some wall hangers Briar Friar good shooting sir.

Comment

Wow. That's some fine shooting.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on a tough target. Those things can be incredibly fast. Did you shoot them off the tractor as well, or get off to take the Shots?

Comment

Congrats on that ol stinky muddy boar Jeff! And Briar Friar, you are the Rat Master! D-Con ain't got nothin on you!! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

shooting things like that is fun! I need to get out and do it. We don't really have anything like that to hunt around here though. Sure, we have pigs, but they're not very consistent where I am and you can't hunt them on public land right now.

When will LA catch on and let people hog hunt year around on public land?

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                                Congrats on a tough target. Those things can be incredibly fast. Did you shoot them off the tractor as well, or get off to take the Shots?
                                I tried shooting off the tractor but between the limbs and loose arrows and a PTO going...it was a real gaggleF. Ive been mainly practicing three under with a behind the ear anchor and been able to start zinging arrows decently but that was out the window with my gear setup. Thankfully Ive also been practicing split finger with mouth anchor and it took alot of shots to get these buggers but did it. These pasture rats knew how to execute a Marine Corps low crawl. Id kill the pto and fire a few standing from the tractor then hop off and stalk. Alot of times I was shooting into moving grass...quite a few escaped when the wind picked up and threw me off.
                                Last edited by Briar Friar; 03-23-2017, 11:21 AM. Reason: WindSpake

Comment

Working...
                                X