How do YOU hunt a pop up blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayKen86 View Post
    4. And leave the window wide open from the day I set it up in August until the day I take it down in February.
    ^^^^^ This^^^^^

Comment

I didn't like the horizontal window especially because I'm shooting downhill a bit and couldn't comfortably get high enough to angle down through the window.

I stapled the front wall to a frame I made and installed a couple deer view windows. I really like it now. I leave the windows closed because they open silently now.

Comment

depends on the skeeters here. I like it open but thermocell is necessary if open here.

Comment

#3....although I prefer hunting out of my tripods over the ground blind, sometimes a sketchy wind forces me to the pop up. I have a rhino and love it.

Comment

#4 with my current blind. I shoot mechanical heads so I don't have the option of shooting through mesh. However when I had a Primos double bull I only pulled the mesh down far enough to clear my arrow.

Comment

I've heard some discouraging accounts of shooting through the mesh. I've heard it causes the arrow to go high. I put several wooden clothes pins in each of my pop ups and use them to pin up the curtain or mesh while leaving shooting windows open in each direction. I usually black out behind me and try to establish shooting lanes to my right, left, and front.

Comment

#4 I know many have been successful shooting through the mesh, but I still can't get myself to do it and take all the shooting windows mesh off.

Comment

i cut a small hole

Comment

I only open one, maybe two windows. I cut a hole in the mesh to shoot out of.

Comment

Reluctantly. My least favorite way to hunt, but sometimes it's a necessity.

Comment

I only open one window, remove the mesh. I leave that window open from the moment I set it up.

Comment

I have 3 windows open on just the front and I only have them open half of possible. Brush it in and lose the mesh

Comment

If you shoot through mesh, make sure your bow has been paper tuned with the broad head your using. I learned a valuable lesson at first point and missed I 150 class buck this year cause of it.

Comment

How do YOU hunt a pop up blind?

I shoot right thru the Double Bull mesh with Rage Extreme's. I have never had a problem. The Extreme's have a blade on the tip and goes right thru the mesh. I have been shooting thru mesh for 10'years in south Texas and as long as your bow is tuned and keep shots under 30 I have had no problems. Wear all black shirts with black gloves and black face mask and you can get away with a lot of movement in the blind.

Comment

Thru the mesh

Comment

Working...
                                X