No announcement yet.

What’s with all the hats on the dash??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sometimes wind up with 3 or 4 scattered around the truck, it just happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1 for feed-n live stock and go-n to the feed store (can be accompanied by another worn out well used one). 2 or 3 for work pend-n what I was feel-n like that day. 1 for work-n on the truck, car, or motor/mechanical equipment. 1 or 2 nice clean ones for go-n in the grocery store or meet-n your date/wife/girlfriend at a restaurant. At least 2 camo to cover the begining and end of season. Just a few examples. I'm a man of many hats. I've got racks full of-em pend-n what I'm do-n in the next moment, or later.

Comment

I have one for my sons baseball team, one for my daughters softball team and one camo cap I wear when I’m working, just easier to keep them all handy when I’m literally going from one complex to the next every wknd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

To hide their radar detector!

Trailboss

Comment

Remember seeing them 30 years ago.
            If it is UV protection I need me some hats.
            Having a warped dash pad replaced under warranty next week. Three year old black dash in Houston.
            Need me some hats..................

Comment

I figured they were trying to fade them a bit so they don’t look new. That way people mite think they work for a livin and actually pull trailers with that 3/4 ton.

Comment

To cover up the out of date registration sticker so you can tell the policeman you didn’t realize it was out because of your hats in the way !

Comment

3-5 at any time. It’s okay, don’t cry🤣

Comment

Ha ha ha. I have 3 or 4. I'm bald so I wear a hat almost all the time, but only drive with my sunglasses on. Put my hat on the dash.. usually go in the house and leave the hat in the truck. Leave the next day... need a hat so I grab one. Every once in a while I clean my truck out, then the wife complains I have too many hats.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I get gimme caps from businesses that I frequent but keep them behind the seat. I put which ever on when I go into that business. That way they see I actually wear it and advertise for them and will give me another one.

Comment

I didn't realize that this was a new fad, but I did see a big truck the other day and he had at least 15 hats on his dash. I thought "what tha heck is with all the hats?".

Comment

All different uses for the different hats -- son's various past and current baseball teams, regular camo, orange camo for public land, etc.; dash keeps them from getting smashed elsewhere. Guess it's okay if a fad catches up to my common sense storage system.

Comment

I keep 3-6 on the back dash of my car when I get one I throw it back there and it’s easy access.

Comment

What’s with all the hats on the dash??

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I sometimes wind up with 3 or 4 scattered around the truck, it just happens.

[emoji6]b between my son and I it just happens

Last edited by Texas8point; 06-14-2018, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Must be a Texas thing.

Around here the flatbillers are content with driving around with their tow mirrors deployed and stacks in their truck bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X